This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-ray to DVD

I have just downloaded the 30 day trial of DVDFab 6 with Blu-ray to Blu-ray. On DVDFab's website it says the following, "you can backup Blu-ray to BD-R, DVDR or hard drive in just one or a few clicks". My question is how do you backup a Blu-ray movie to DVD using DVDFab 6 with Blu-ray to Blu-ray?

It backs up to BD9 or BD5 which still need to be played in a BR player but use DVD5 or DVD9 blanks.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Okay. Thank you.

Comment

but they will only play on a Blu-ray player as they are in Blu-ray format and not DVD format

Comment

The description on the site is a bit misleading as if it will only play on a blu ray player then it is not true "blu ray to dvdr" but rather "blue ray to compressed blu ray". I have been dissapointed by this as I also assumed that you could back up to dvdr and then play on a dvd player, which appears not to be the case.

Comment

Originally posted by rudi View Post
            The description on the site is a bit misleading as if it will only play on a blu ray player then it is not true "blu ray to dvdr" but rather "blue ray to compressed blu ray". I have been dissapointed by this as I also assumed that you could back up to dvdr and then play on a dvd player, which appears not to be the case.
            Blu-Ray to DVDR is correct. DVDR is a writeable media type. DVD is a disc format. If it said "Blu-Ray to DVD" then it would be what you assumed (and incorrect). I can similarly burn MP4 files onto a DVDR and some DVD players would work and some would not.

I understand your frustration but in the end it was you that assumed the DVDR (a media type) means DVD (a video format).

Comment

Working...
            X