This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

District 9 subtitle help

Trying to use only subtitles for the alien parts...but I cannot figure this out...is it even possible?

The only two subtitles in English I have tried both, and they are subtitlesfor all words even the english words. I just want to use subtitles for the Alien language, do these exist??

my english subtitle oprions are:

english 1080
    english FORCED 1080

...but they both are subtitles for all spoken words in the movie. Am I missing something??

I have that movie and I think they are one in the same. Unless you can pick it apart and splice in what you want you'll have both.
    AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @3960MHz
    4G Geil ddr2 1066 (5-5-5-15) @1120MHz
    ASUS M3N HT Deluxe Nvidia 780a chipset
    2 XFX 9800GT SLI driver 197.45
    LG WH08LS20 BD drive firmware updated
    Windows7 Professional x64

Comment

I've seen another post where the guy included the subtitles in the rip but did not select any as default (checkbox but no arrow). The Blu-Ray player was smart enough to detect the correct language and the forced subtitles automagically. YMMV.

Comment

Originally posted by Complication View Post
        I've seen another post where the guy included the subtitles in the rip but did not select any as default (checkbox but no arrow). The Blu-Ray player was smart enough to detect the correct language and the forced subtitles automagically. YMMV.
        Im playing this as a file only from my hard drive...so im trying to hard encode the subs into the picture. I must be doing something wrong, or its not possible...hoping im just doing something wrong.

Comment

Umm... I thought this was the Blu-Ray to Blu-Ray forum? There is no "burn in" of subtitles in that mode. Maybe you where thinking of DVD to Mobile?

Comment

I am using another program to encode the subtitles...but I wanted to make sure I was ripping the correct subs with Fab. Making sure I was not missing something.

I selected the english subtitles available...but neither seem to be for the alien language only.

Comment

From what I understand, true "forced" subtitles are just markers in the regular subtitle tack. Another way to accomplish the same thing is a separate subtitle track that is marked as default and only has the subset of subtitles needed. It sounds like your title is the former and you are used to seeing the later.

Comment

I think I found what I was looking for on subscene.com (good place for subtitles by the way)

...looks to be what I need.

Comment

Working...
                X