This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playstation 3

I am getting set-up for blu-ray and was wondering if Playstation 3 will play DVD Fab backups. Does anyone have experience with this? I would like to make an informed decision between buying a PS3 or stand alone blu-ray player. Thank you.

The PS3 only does everything.

Comment

to answer the question, yes it will play the back ups...and then some. You can even stream media wirelessly from your PC.

I have two PS3's and a Sony BDP-S350. I would take a PS3 over any player any day of the week. Just because you can do so much more with it.
      Last edited by crackinhedz; 02-11-2010, 12:28 PM.

Comment

The PS3 has played every disc I've thrown at it. It is one of the best (if not the best) upscaler for DVD content. It's media streaming is good but it is picky about what formats it will play and only supports DNLA as a source.

Be warned that it generates a lot of heat and subsequently a bit of fan noise (especially during playback and is noticeable during quiet parts of a movie). The heat problem also makes it so you cannot put it in an enclosed media center. The new slim version is better, but heat is still an issue.

Comment

PS3 all the way...I bought my PS3 when it came out and love it. I also used to work at Best Buy and we would recommend a PS3 over any of the bluray players we were selling. TOTALLY PS3!!

Comment

Thank you everyone for the advise. Will definitely get the PS3.

Comment

ps3 has had issues with independence day, and i, robot. they play fine on pc or other blu ray players but not the ps3.

Comment

Originally posted by thisizbrian View Post
                ps3 has had issues with independence day, and i, robot. they play fine on pc or other blu ray players but not the ps3.
                iRobot plays fine on my PS3's. Don't have Independence Day, so cannot speak on that one...but im sure it plays as well. Where did you get this info??

...again, plays fine on my PS3.

(all disc's for that matter play on my PS3, never had a single issue)

Comment

Working...
                X