Audio Selection and other issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio Selection and other issues

When choosing an audio selection for the backup, you often have the choice of removing HD or converting to AC3. When selecting the convert DTS/LAPM to AC3 option, do you have to select the remove HD option as well, or is that a moot point since I assume HD is turned off when selecting AC3. In other words, are they mutually exclusive of each other? I have noticed that the estimated compression changes (more compression) when you select remove HD AND convert to AC3 options (as opposed to selecting convert to AC3 only). Can someone shed some light on this? There is nothing in the manual that addresses this (or at least I could not find it).

Also, I have noticed in several movies (just a very few, not all), sometimes "clicks" can be heard at various parts of the movie in the backup (but not the original) if converting to AC3. (Three movies that come to mind are The Circle, Silence, and The Foreigner). Re-ripping these with convert to AC3 selected results in the same clicks at the exact same spots, so they are not some random clicks. I use hardware decoding/encoding and haven't tried software only. Usually I just redo these with remove HD option but do not select convert to AC3. Result is slightly higher compression than converting to AC3, but then the audio is fine, so must be something in the conversion to AC3 process. Btw, I tried to go back several different previous versions of DVDFAB and no change. Same whether using x86 or x64 version as well. I am using Windows 10 Pro based PC, with i3770K processor and Nvidia GTX 650 GPU with latest drivers and always use the latest version of DVDFAB available. I will try software only to see of that changes anything, but that takes much longer time to decode/encode). Any thoughts or suggestions? Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks.

Any help or suggestions from DVDFab Service Team?

Comment

Please, any help here?

Comment

Hello,

HD is turned off when selecting Convert to AC3.
        If you only select Remove HD Audio,
        HD is turned off while the DTS will be kept.
        Whether to select both options or not depends what you want the output to be.

Regards,
        mona

Comment

So you are saying that if converting to AC3 is checked, HD is off whether or not the box to remove HD is checked?

Comment

Originally posted by lfogassy View Post
            So you are saying that if converting to AC3 is checked, HD is off whether or not the box to remove HD is checked?
            Yes, the audio will be converted to AC3 if you check the option "Converter DTS/LPCM audio to AC3", whether or not the box to remove HD is checked.

Regards,
            mona

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
              X