Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long to compress a DL to SL Blu-ray?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long to compress a DL to SL Blu-ray?

Hi everyone,
    I just picked up the LG BH10LS30 burner and was able to backup my Hurt Locker blu-ray. It took 48 mins to rip to the HDD and took 13+ hours to compress the 33GB movie file to 23.7GB in order to burn to a SL bd-r. My computer is 3 years old. AMD athlon +3800 dual core with 3GB of ram and Windows 7 Utimate x64. Is this an average compression time? or are the rest of you compressing much faster?
    TIA,
    John

That sounds about right. It takes my E8400 dual core @3Ghz about 4 hours. The CPU is everything in this regard. The faster, the better.

Comment

I did that exact movie the same way and burned to BD-R single layer media in 3 hrs. I have AMD X2 2.7ghz, 6 ram, and a HD6550 video card that uses acceleration.

Comment

I found another Bly-ray compressing app. that will compress the whole disc menu and all. it is free but, you still need to use the GREAT DVDFABHD to remove protection. I don't want to say more because of a possible rule violation. The only reason I am saying this is because DVDFABHD will only compress the movie only . not menus, yet anyhow.

Comment

Whaqt is it???

Don't tease us. What is it??? Thanks

Comment

This the DVDFab forum and mentioning competitor programs is not allowed here and rizzo7883 is correct about a violation if mentioned

Comment

My GPU is a crappy stock nvidia 6100. Will upgrading the video card/GPU greatly increase compression times or is it entirely dependant upon CPU power?

Comment

I have a dual core 2.7ghz intel, with an nvidia 6200 and 4GB of ram of which Windows xp only sees 2GB and can do the same thing in 4-4.5 hrs. 13 hrs. is a bit long.

Comment

Before upgrading my PC, I had a P4 630 (3.0 GHz) w/ 2.5GB Ram & a ATI x1650 graphics card. Compressing BD50 to BD 25 (Star Trek) took ~23 hrs.

Upgraded the graphics card to a nVidia GT 240 (~$99) w/ CUDA GPU acceleration took it down to 13+ hrs.

Now, toss in a new motherboard (Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P - $125) and a Quad Core Q9550 ($225) and compression is down to ~1hr 15min.

That's about as good as I can get until software improvements are made (if any). But I can live with it now!
                  Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz (Stock)
                  Gigabyte EP45-UD3P w/ FD Bios
                  4MB G.Skill PC2-6400
                  nVidia GeForce GT 240

Comment

Working...
                  X