Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Game of Thrones S7 fully supported at this time? It's giving me issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Game of Thrones S7 fully supported at this time? It's giving me issues.

So I backed up the first 2 discs so far of S7 to BD50 ISO then compressed to BD25 from that. After burning that ISO to BD25 disc and playing in a standalone it loads and gets to the menu but when an episode is selected it simply goes to a black screen and that's it. So I tried a different standalone and same thing. After trying my 3rd standalone and it not working I figured it was a problem with the disc to not work properly in 3 different standalones. The only times I've ever had discs not work in any of the 3 standalones it was always a problem with the disc itself.

After that I brought the discs back to the PC and loaded them. To my surprise the discs loaded up and started playing the episodes as soon as I selected one. I tried the discs in 4 different drives on 2 different computers and they played fine on all 4. But for some reason these same discs will not play in any of my 3 standalones. So, it can't be a disc issue if they play fine on the PC can it? So next I burned one of the straight 1:1 rips onto a BD50 with no compression and it did the same thing. Won't play on any of the standalones but plays fine on the PC's. So it wasn't the compression messing anything up, the straight rip didn't play either.

In the logs I noticed this:
    0m 08.05s: selected region B
    0m 08.05s: bd set region B

I am in Region A. Could this be the problem? I have it set to remove the RC altogether anyway and it's specified as Region A so I dunno.

I've attached the logs for the straight 1:1 rips and the logs for the compression to BD25 for both discs. Does anyone have any idea why these discs will play on computers but not on my standalones? I've never run into this problem before in all this time. The first 6 seasons were backed up and and play on the standalones without issue. And a movie I compressed and put on a disc played on the standalone after all this was done with no problems.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Diaboyos; 02-18-2018, 03:29 AM.

Try slowing down your burn speed and see if that helps try 4x speed
    also what brand of blank disc's do you use ? ? And what is your burning engine.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
      Try slowing down your burn speed and see if that helps try 4x speed
      also what brand of blank disc's do you use ? ? And what is your burning engine.
      Yeah, I learned a long time ago if you want the best chance of not ending up with a coaster don't go over 4x lol. So, yeah, 4x is what I did. I've tried different media now and have tried Memorex, Verbatim and Optical Quantum. They all do the same thing - won't play on the standalone but will on the computer. The disc I used for the straight 1:1 uncompressed copy was a Verbatim BD50-RW which burned at 2x.

I'm using ImgBurn to burn.

It's got to be something with the file. The burns are good.

Comment

If anyone else is having any issues with this season using the old v9321 to rip produced usable ISOs for me that fixed the problem.

Comment

Hello,

What are the brand and model of your 3 standalone players?

"If anyone else is having any issues with this season using the old v9321 to rip produced usable ISOs for me that fixed the problem."
          --What do you mean? With v9321 the result copy can playback without problem on your standalone players?

Regards,
          Mona

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
            Hello,

What are the brand and model of your 3 standalone players?
            1. Samsung BD-J5900
            2. Sony BDPS5500
            3. LG UP870

Originally posted by Mona View Post
            --What do you mean? With v9321 the result copy can playback without problem on your standalone players?
            The resulting ISO's from ripping all three discs of S7 using 10.0.81 x64 did not play properly in any of the standalones. The ISO's resulting from using v9321 to rip the discs all worked with no issues.

Comment

Hello Diaboyos,

Thank you for the info. I have forwarded all the available info to the developers.

Regards,
              Mona

Comment

Working...
              X