This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu Ray to BLu ray compression failure CRASH computer shuts down

I just registered 6.2.1.8 Newest release out as of 2/16/2009. I'm trying to compress "MAIN MOVIE" from 43 GB to 23.1 using the BD-25 compression feature. All is fine until compression hits about 5.28% complete and computer totally shuts down. It turns computer completely OFF! Does anybody know a fix for this. Could it be bad memory? Im running quad core amd 3.0ghz proc. with 4G 1066 ddr2 ram, windows 7 750 GB hard drive. LG BD burner. PLEASE HELP! thanks

Sounds like this may be a heat issue, the process is very cpu intensive. Can you monitor the temps? Might try taking the side panel off and use some compressed air to blow it out.

Comment

Use program called cpu fan. Which measure temp of cpu and other components in real time and observe and see if temp continue to rise when encoding. If it does then you have heat issue.
      If you fail to plan...you plan to fail wouldn't you not agree..Think about it

Comment

Computer is newly built with a big radiator fan on the CPU used for over clocking. (I am not over clocking tho). I'll try running tests and watch for heat and will post later today. Thanks guys

Comment

I am having the same issue and it has nothing to do with heat. It is some kind of software issue. Maultcts' computer is more than enough to compress video.
          I hope we can figure this out because it is very annoying.

Comment

I don't think it's a software issue, if it was this board would light up like a christmas tree and these are the only two reports I've seen of Fab completely shutting down a computer ever.
            There is a program called Prime95 and it's basically for testing overclocked PC's for stability. It will max out the cpu and it should rule out a heat issue. Just google Prime95 and d/l if you want to test.

Comment

There is another program called OCCT 3.0 which will max out your cpu, memory, and video cards simultaneously be careful though things get very hot very fast. I use this for testing OC's. I use prime for stability but OCCT will show a problem very quickly.
              AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @3960MHz
              4G Geil ddr2 1066 (5-5-5-15) @1120MHz
              ASUS M3N HT Deluxe Nvidia 780a chipset
              2 XFX 9800GT SLI driver 197.45
              LG WH08LS20 BD drive firmware updated
              Windows7 Professional x64

Comment

As a second thought it may be some type of malware infection. Some rootkits are known to cause this type of crash.http://remove-malware.com/malware/ma...is-everywhere/ Even if you have an Antivirus program that is not enough.
                I use AVG, MalwareBytes, SpywareTerminator, SpybotS&D and ThreatFire. It may sound paranoid but it's better than the alternative.

Comment

It is a heat issue. I downloaded and ran amd overdrive sofware. CPU runs idle at 29 deg cel. But as soon as I start shrinking from bd50 to bd25 it lights the CPU up it gets really hot very fast kept going up at 80 deg cel. Which is not good I'm sure I'll have to buy a new CPU before to long. I have a mass cool radiator on it. Maybe it's a piece of crap?? I ordered a stock fan for CPU see if that does the trick.

Comment

Did you use thermal paste on the cooler before you installed it. That shouldn't happen at factory speeds.

Comment

I reread the post make sure that amd cool and quiet is disabled in the BIOS and the cpu fan set to max.

Comment

Just adding a bit to what Johan asked and suggested, disassemble the fan and clean the old paste off the cpu and the fans contact base and apply a thin coat to both (careful not to apply to much so it won't be "spilling" into the socket/pin area).
                        Make sure you don't touch either with your bare hands because the oil (everybody has it regardless of how well you wash you them lol) will cause hot spots.
                        If you think you may have use a cutip and household rubbing alcohol to clean the cpu/fan contact base.

Comment

Originally posted by Johan View Post
                          Did you use thermal paste on the cooler before you installed it. That shouldn't happen at factory speeds.
                          Yes, arctic silver.

Comment

One other thing I thought of in the BIOS set max temp to 65c AMD chips have a low tolerance to heat.

Comment

Yes, In fact i tried a few different ways with applicating thermal paste, thick thin and normal

Comment

Working...
                              X