This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-Ray "Process Failed" with compression

I have recently decided to get on-board with Blu-Ray and Making HD video files from my movies like I do with DVD's. I have been using DVDFab with regular DVD's and have had few problems with it.

Blu-Ray is proving to be a huge pain. DVDFab is the only program I know that can rip movies from a disc. Here's my issue: when I rip the main movie to BD50, it works fine. If I use any compression such as BD25 or BD9, the process fails each time it finishes scanning the disc.

06:59:23: You are going to try "Blu-ray to Blu-ray" option.
    06:59:23: Source( 00001.m2ts )
    06:59:25: Analyzing started
    07:04:08: Analyzing completed successfully
    07:04:08: Task_1 failed! Error=401
    07:04:09: Process failed!

Problem is that full movies are huge and for some reason playback is very choppy. My rig is a Core2Duo E6600, 2GB DD2 and a GeForce9500GT 1GB DDR2. It should handle playback smoothly, and I'm using Media Player and VLC Player. The choppiness makes the full files unwatchable which is why I tried to compress them.

Any ideas or a program that can compress HD files would be welcome and appreciated. Thank you.

WMP and VLC does not support Blu-ray format. Currently Fab does not have a Blu-ray to Mobile feature so playing back the M2TS file directly is not suggested. That feature will be added at a later date.

Try ripping the full disc to hdd then use that as the source for the main movie compression feature. Get software that supports Blu-ray format or burn to blank media. D/l DVDfab's virtual drive and test the rips beofre burning.

No programs can be suggested, it's against forum rules so please read them before making request.

Comment

Your machine specifications are marginal for Blu-Ray playback depending on the speed of your hard drive and what other programs are running at the time (icons in your system tray?). More memory would probably help. Keep in mind that Blu-Ray titles are huge and require a great deal of I/O speed to play smoothly.

DVDFab seems to have an issue encoding from a BD Main Movie rip at the moment. Others have had success doing a Full Disc rip to a folder or ISO and then trying the Main Movie with BD25 compression from there.

Comment

Crunchy Frog the error you are getting is 401 DVD_Error_QualityUnreachable. First off are you trying to compress the full disc on BD25 or BD9? DVD Fab can only compress main movie right now so maybe that is the problem. To fit these on BD25 or BD9 you will have to rip full disc rip to hard drive and then use main movie option in Fab, your source will be the full disc rip and it will compress the main movie to fit on those discs. Sorry W&B and Complication if I had posted the same instructions as I am learning this typing thing...LOL
        Last edited by CBR929; 02-18-2010, 03:59 PM. Reason: text
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Sorry W&B, didn't see you there.

BTW, VLC seems to handle Blu-Ray playback (at least from a folder). Version 1.0.2 doesn't seem to have menu support but one can hope.

Comment

I liked your reply better anyway Comp, NP.

VLC will? Must be a new update that now supports it which is VERY COOL!! Thanks for pointing that out

Comment

Thanks for all of the help. Being new to HD video processing I am learning a lot. I will try the post process ideas from above. That may help with some of my ideas for my video player on my TV.

I did find a few AVCHD players that work better but neither work great. Does anybpdy know a free or low cost 'player' that can work with Windows Media Center? I've tried one from Oxygen that rendered video poorly and one called BS Player that did good video but horrible audio. My Windows Media Center idea is something I am working on.

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                Crunchy Frog the error you are getting is 401 DVD_Error_QualityUnreachable. First off are you trying to compress the full disc on BD25 or BD9? DVD Fab can only compress main movie right now so maybe that is the problem. To fit these on BD25 or BD9 you will have to rip full disc rip to hard drive and then use main movie option in Fab, your source will be the full disc rip and it will compress the main movie to fit on those discs. Sorry W&B and Complication if I had posted the same instructions as I am learning this typing thing...LOL
                I have been trying to do as you had suggested but I keep getting the 401 error from the full movie rip folder. Any ideas? I am running Windows 7 64 bit and I'm not sure if that might be an issue.

Comment

I needed 2 things for playback through WMP. 1. download and install Klite codec pack. ans 2. the movie folder must be in Windows dedicated Videos folder. I found that if the movie folder was in any other directory I had to navigate to the stream folder which did not give proper playback. In the video folder I go to the title folder right click and will give me the option to open with WMP
                  AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @3960MHz
                  4G Geil ddr2 1066 (5-5-5-15) @1120MHz
                  ASUS M3N HT Deluxe Nvidia 780a chipset
                  2 XFX 9800GT SLI driver 197.45
                  LG WH08LS20 BD drive firmware updated
                  Windows7 Professional x64

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                    Sorry W&B and Complication if I had posted the same instructions as I am learning this typing thing...LOL
                    Never a problem and actually imo if it is the same info sometimes how it's worded makes all the difference to help a member understand. You and others provide great help so please don't stop

Comment

Working...
                    X