Lionsgate "The Trust" Region A blu-ray - retail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lionsgate "The Trust" Region A blu-ray - retail

This is one of those Lionsgate titles that is loaded with fake playlists.
    DVDFab & Passkey state the main title is mpls 0000. Other vendor programs state the main title is 633.
    When I launch Passkey, and Media Player (version 3201 Pro) and "Play" this disc from the disc main menu, it plays mpls 633.
    So I am thinking mpls 633 is correct, and 0000 is incorrect?

Did you try it with the latest version (10.0.9.2) to see if that picks the correct playlist? There was a similar issue with Winchester (also distributed by Lionsgate) which was fixed within a day or two of being released. As a habit I now always chapter through the main movie from the original disc and make a short note of what each chapter begins with (e.g. ;'2:sunrise', 3:'waterfall' , '4:two guys fighting', etc) all the way through the end. Then I play the copy before I burn and chapter through that to check to see if it matches. Sort of a pain to do, but gives me some assurance. Usually, if there is a single stream for the main movie, it is not likely to happen. The ones I watch for are where each chapter is a separate stream. So far Fab has always selected the right one but sometime they need a few days to fix. Unfortunately, the old Procmon method does not always work anymore.

The problem with Winchester was even if you manually picked the correct playlist (913) the chapters were still jumbled. Don't know much about BD structure internals, but could have something to do with Java code that perhaps dynamically modifies the playlist after its loaded into the player.

I believe The Trust was released August, 2016, so was surprised that DVDFab doesn't have a fix yet. Maybe no one reported it till now, I guess.

Comment

The most recent releases of both DVDFab (1092) & Passkey (9307) still select 0000 as the main movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich86 View Post
        The most recent releases of both DVDFab (1092) & Passkey (9307) still select 0000 as the main movie.
        Please post the latest dvdfab_internal.log session that contains the info for the Blu-ray movie "The Trust". Also, we need some files of the original disc. Copy all the files out from the original disc except those *.M2TS files which are under BDMV\STREAM folder, zip them, and attach the .zip file here.

Regards,
        Mona

Comment

I created a zip file with the files I believe you want, but I keep getting an error when I try to upload it in here as an attachment. I must be doing something wrong?

Mona - pls check your email. Thanks.

Never mind . . I just got a delivery failure notice for the email.

Is the file simply too big?

I put it in dropbox . . hopefully you got an email for that. I'm not all that familiar with how dropbox works (only used it once before).
          Last edited by Rich86; 05-14-2018, 03:41 PM.

Comment

I created a zip file with the files I believe you want, but I keep getting an error when I try to upload it in here as an attachment. I must be doing something wrong?

Mona - pls check your email. Thanks.

Never mind . . I just got a delivery failure notice for the email.

Is the file simply too big?

I put it in dropbox . . hopefully you got an email for that. I'm not all that familiar with how dropbox works (only used it once before).
            are you trying full disc or main movie ?? try main movie and see if it picks the correct title

Comment

I do full disc - then click the "i" where it tells me which mpls is the main movie.

Comment

I do full disc - then click the "i" where it tells me which mpls is the main movie.
                Hi Rich,

I have downloaded the file you uploaded and send it to the developers for checking. Thank you.

Regards,
                Mona

Comment

I have played around with my "The Trust" blu-ray both on the computer and in a standalone player.
                  I am convinced that mpls 0000 is incorrect and mpls 633 is actually the correct main movie playlist.

Comment

UPDATE: BD movie "The Trust" is supported. Please retry. Thanks. Mona

Comment

And both DVDFab/64 & Passkey now indicate the main movie mpls is 633 for this disc (region A retail BD).

Comment

Working...
                      X