The Post - Read Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Post - Read Error

I cannot get the blu-ray move "The Post" to read. Nothing on the disc appears scratched, cracked or damaged. I've tried MainMovie, Clone, FullDisc. I've tried "Retry, Ignore, Ignore All", I've tried cleaning the disk with 3 different cleaners. I've tried using a different blu-ray reader on the same computer. After all this, the movie opens up fine and plays BOTH on my independent blu-ray player and also on the same computer using Cyberlink PowerDVD. It will not open using DVDFab Media player. It would seem to be a DVDFab issue since all other methods read and play the movie. Attached are the logs showing all my attempts today. dvdfab_internal.log
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jimp124; 05-16-2018, 05:26 PM.

make sure that you have only dvdfab running. from your log file - 2018.05.16-13:01:07: Init process: there is another app running and exit.
    you might also try the x86 version of dvdfab and see if that works

Comment

Originally posted by jimp124 View Post
      I cannot get the blu-ray move "The Post" to read. Nothing on the disc appears scratched, cracked or damaged. I've tried MainMovie, Clone, FullDisc. I've tried "Retry, Ignore, Ignore All", I've tried cleaning the disk with 3 different cleaners. I've tried using a different blu-ray reader on the same computer. After all this, the movie opens up fine and plays BOTH on my independent blu-ray player and also on the same computer using Cyberlink PowerDVD. It will not open using DVDFab Media player. It would seem to be a DVDFab issue since all other methods read and play the movie. Attached are the logs showing all my attempts today. dvdfab_internal.log
      I ripped the blu-ray from my 4K "The Post" set using DVDFab (64 bit) with no problems. It is a region A/USA retail disc. I use LG BD burners.

Comment

In the single instance where you note there was another app running, that was an intentional effort on my part. PowerDVD was actually PLAYING the movie so I know it was being read. I was just trying anything to get Fab to somehow work. The log file indicates many efforts to read this disc without other apps running. As you suggested, I downloaded the x86 version and tried it - same thing, no read.

Comment

you may have a disc version that isn't supported yet.

Comment

Originally posted by jimp124 View Post
            Playback a disk and copying one are two different processes. A disk can be played doesn't mean that it is suitable for copying or ripping.

Anyway, please do clean the disc and your drive before you insert the disc to copy. Go to DVDFab Common Settings>Drives>Read, mark the option "ignore all the reading errors automatically" to copy the movie again and see if it will make a difference.

If the read error issue happened to other movie disks too, it could be a defective drive, then you may need to use a different drive to have a try.

Regards,
            Mona

Comment

Thanks to all for your suggestions It turns out there WERE bad sectors on the disc which I didn't realize until I played further into the movie.

Comment

Working...
              X