Hurricane Heist backup problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hurricane Heist backup problem

Tried to backup Hurricane Heist(region A) to MKV and scenes are out of order. The end credits play in the middle of the movie ect... Looked for other titles thinking that fab picked the wrong one to backup but there aren't any listed that show the same running time? Help!
    Last edited by unclebubbies; 06-08-2018, 03:13 PM.

On the copy I have the correct playlist is 00622.mpls.

When I saved the Blu-Ray to my HDD I copied this playlist and over-wrote the other playlists of the same size...

Quote:
    This fix will make for easy and reliable complete blu-ray operation, and will play the correct movie sequence regardless of what random playlist is selected by the BD-J copy protection methodology. All movie playlists have been modified to allow non BD-J players to select the correct playlist based on the longest movie length.

Play tested with TMT3, DVDFab Player 3, PowerDVD 18, MPC-BE, VLC, PotPlayer 64 V1.7 and Panasonic standalone DMP-BD35/75 players.

The Movie is infected with Cinavia, a pre-cinavia player is required for playback or equivalent player on a pc.

Last edited by sieveis; 06-08-2018, 03:22 PM.

Comment

No good for me. Title 622 is 15 seconds long. The title fab choose on my hdd is 426. It's the only title in a long list of tiltes that has a run time of 1 hour 44 minutes. Also I'm running X32 bit Fab not x64 as I listed.
      Last edited by unclebubbies; 06-08-2018, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sieveis View Post
        On the copy I have the correct playlist is 00622.mpls.

When I saved the Blu-Ray to my HDD I copied this playlist and over-wrote the other playlists of the same size...

Quote:
        This fix will make for easy and reliable complete blu-ray operation, and will play the correct movie sequence regardless of what random playlist is selected by the BD-J copy protection methodology. All movie playlists have been modified to allow non BD-J players to select the correct playlist based on the longest movie length.

Play tested with TMT3, DVDFab Player 3, PowerDVD 18, MPC-BE, VLC, PotPlayer 64 V1.7 and Panasonic standalone DMP-BD35/75 players.

The Movie is infected with Cinavia, a pre-cinavia player is required for playback or equivalent player on a pc.

Although playlist 622 does list the correct segment order, the play length of each segment is only about 1 second long. Did you actually watch the movie all the way through, or just chapter through it to check sequence? Also, the entry point for each chapter does not match the original disc if you do a visual check chapter by chapter ( I do this on every movie I backup to ensure playlist is correct since there are always new protection schemes showing up). If you use a tool like Procmon (available free from Microsoft's Tech website) to monitor the active playlist on the original disc, unlike a static playlist that remains the same throughout the main movie on a disc without this type of protection, it shows the current playlist constantly dynamically changing as the movie progresses. Another member has already made DVDFab staff aware of this new Screen Pass protection in another post and based on replay from Mona , developers have been made aware. There will hopefully be a fix in the next release.

Comment

Plays fine all the way through... Click image for larger version

Name:	THH-Plays.Fine-1.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	355394Click image for larger version

Name:	THH-Plays.Fine-2.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	355396Click image for larger version

Name:	THH-Plays.Fine-3.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	355398
          Attached Files

Comment

I also have a problem with this same movie. Only I'm trying to back it up as an iso image and the software keeps crashing. 7 times as full disc or main movie, just crashes creating the image.

Comment

Ok, yes, if you simply copy 00622.mpls from the original movie to the copy on your HDD, the movie will play through. But once again, not only do the chapter marks NOT match the original. If you select a few precise time points in the original disc (say, at 00:07:00 minutes, then at 00:15:00 minutes, etc.), pause the movie, and make a note of what the scene is (or a makes a screen capture). Then do the same for the HDD copy and compare the two, you will see that they do NOT match. So yes, the movie does play through, but still not quite correctly, as if there was either a large time shift, or scene shuffle, or something else. Not sure exactly what, but at least on my copy, it does not play back the same as the original. Maybe yours did. Will just wait for developer to come up with a fix.

Comment

sieveis btw, which version of Fab did you use, since the original poster was using x64 10.0.9.2 ? I was using the latest x64 10.0.9.6 Beta, so if you got better results than I did, maybe I should try with the older version.

Comment

Just to confuse matters I used - DVDFab x64 v10.0.9.4.

I also used passkey and another brand of software. I backed up the playlists folder and then used the 00622.mpls (copied) to over write the other mpls files (403)! Click image for larger version

Name:	THH-Patched.Playlists.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	355410
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by sieveis; 06-09-2018, 08:05 AM.

Comment

After about 5 minutes my .iso backup of this movie displayed a message on my screen that it could not play due to some restrictions. Will this be fixed at some point?

Comment

I believe DVDFAb staff have already been made aware of this and it has been submitted to developers for a fix.

Comment

Hi All,

The developers are checking this movie, please kindly wait, thank you.

>>>>>UPDATE:The movie is supported, please kindly try again.

Regards,
                        Mona

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
                            Hi All,

Regards,
                            Mona
                            Is it supported with the official version or the beta version?

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
                              Hi All,

Regards,
                              Mona
                              Hello, is it supported with the official version or current beta version of DVDFAB?

Comment

Working...
                              X