Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error when creating ISO from FOLDER on HD!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error when creating ISO from FOLDER on HD!!

Thanks for reading this post!

I have copied several blu-ray discs, from disc to folder full backup. They all play fine on my pC.

I thought you could create an ISO from FOLDER using dvdfab??

But when i try, i get an error as soon as i press start button.

Am i choosing wrong folder? Is there files i should choose?

I mark the folder that is copied to my HD, and press start.

I hope there is nothing wrong with my backup?

I`m using the latest official version.

Setting layerbreak for BD50 before burning.

Hello.

I`m making backups of all my blu-ray, From disc to folder on my HD. Full backup.

But if i wanna burn these on blank blu-ray discs?

How do i sett layerbreak?

Do i create an ISO from folder or disc?

Softwear you use when burning?

Thanks, any help, a lot of questions but if you can help.

Thank you.

Comment

This should work in DVDFab but Blu-Ray is kind of new so there are still some kinks to work out. It is probably looking for the volume information on the disc for decryption even though it shouldn't need it because it is already decrypted. This assumes that you ripped the Blu-Rays using DVDFab in the first place. In the mean time you can use ImgBurn to create the ISO you want from the directory.

If all else fails then simply use your original discs again to create the ISOs that you want.

Comment

Thanks.

I have used the latest version of dvdfab (official) And made full backups from disc to folder.

I create folder for playback, but thought i would try creating iso from folder for playback with power dvd.

But if it doesen`t work yet i can try imgburn.

Do imgburn support blu-ray? Do you set layerbreak?

Comment

Originally posted by botdvd View Post
          Do imgburn support blu-ray?
          Absolutely, you can find lots of posts on the forum about using it. I believe you can just drag the BDMV and CERTIFICATE folders into a new image and save as UDF but you may want to search for the correct answer.

Originally posted by botdvd View Post
          Do you set layerbreak?
          I have no clue.

Comment

If already ripped to your hdd there's no need to create an iso but I suggest ripping to an iso to begin with for testing with Fab's virtual drive and compatible software.

In any case you already ripped to a folder and that's fine. Just use ImgBurn in Build mode and select your drive as the target. Just drag and Drop the ripped folder named your movie to ImgBurn.
            Make sure you set the automatic write speed per media id, half of the reported rated speed (If rated at 8X burn at 4X but never burn media slower than 2.4X)
            ImgBurn will prompt you to select the layer break and will give suggested positions.
            Click the link in my sig and follow Troy512's video tutorial on how to set it up with Fab and how to set the AWS per MID.

Edit:Merged threads
            Last edited by W&B; 02-23-2010, 01:27 AM.

Comment

don't mean to hijack the thread, but can I ask M&B why "never burn media slower than 2.4x"?
              I'm a still a NOB, and was told burn slow is better. some of my best disks were burned at 2x.
              Inquiring minds... thank you stu
              AMD Phenom II X2 550 Callisto unlocked to 4 core Denab @ 3.8mhz, MSI 785GM-E65 M/B, 4 Gig Geil DDR3-1333, EVGA GTX-260 192 Core, Corsair 700 W power, LG-BHO8LS20, LG-GH22LS50, IHOS104 DRIVES, 750 WDC Caviar Green, Hitachi 500, 2 TB WDC Caviar Green, SATA HD Drives, ASUS Xonar Essence SXT Sound, 2 Samsung SYNC 2333'S, Windows Vista 32 Buisness Edition.

Comment

I usually recommend half the rated speed because it will most always produce a playable copy. Some drives and media combinations may come at the lowest reported burn speed. It's best to do some quality scans of the burns and experiment to find the most stable burn for todays varying media quality.

I use Verbatim exclusively, MCC-004-00 and/or MCC 03RG20 both of which is rated for 4X,6X,8X,12X,16X,18X by ImgBurn. My best burns are at 6X but it may vary from burner to burner and media.
                Also the lowest rated speed cannot be forced with ImgBurn anyway.

Comment

why folder to iso

If already ripped to your hdd there's no need to create an iso but I suggest ripping to an iso to begin with for testing with Fab's virtual drive and compatible software
                  I also want to go from my already-ripped folders to iso files.

The iso files work beautifully on my media system (Patriot Box Office) - browse, the iso has a "wife acceptable" name, select it, and it plays just like a DVD.

The folders are confusing; browse to folder, then into VIDEO_TS, then select the VOB and maybe it works right; doesn't seem to all the time. Bad Wife Acceptance Factor.

I have a ton of DVDs in folders on 2.5" disks (easy to take a library when travelling...
                  Now I want to convert them to iso images. I *should* be able to, but I can't.

Comment

Use ImgBurn in build mode (it's free).

Edit: Fab's write mode should also create iso from folder, select iso as the target.
                    Last edited by W&B; 02-25-2010, 02:42 AM. Reason: added info

Comment

Working...
                    X