Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony Blu-ray Players, AMD Lightning shrink

Hi,
    Shrinking Blu-ray 50 to 25 with Ligtning Shrink I cannot fast forward or advance chapters on both Sony players which are at my fathers house. The video freezes and sound keeps going. To get it to play again disk needs to be ejected and movie started over. This is with Models BDP S3700 & BDP S580 after using lightning shrink. It seems to be every movie. I recently tried it to back up Super Trooper 2, Central Intelligence and The Signal. They work fine on my old Panasonic. Model number DMP-BD70V. It also works with lightning shrink disabled although I have a stutter on my Panasonic with software encoding.
    It takes my PC 6 hours to shrink a disc using software and only 40 minutes with the GPU. If this lightning shrink feature worked it would solve both problems. DL Blu-ray discs get expensive after awhile. attached are the logs Mona asked for. Please Help. And Thank you in advance.

mash609
    Attached Files

Sorry about that.
    Attached Files

Comment

What I meant, my second post should have the correct logs. I don't post online very much.

Comment

have you tried updating your graphic card driver ??
        also what brand of discs do you use ?? try verbatim
        and try burning the disc with imgburn.
        Last edited by october262; 08-04-2018, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I am using the latest Recomended Driver. May 2018. I also only use Verbatim disks.

Comment

I have also tried older drivers. If someone knows one that works please let me know.

Comment

I use have tried it both ways imgburn and dvdfab.
              I am new to this forum but have used other backup software in the past. I appreciate all suggestions tho.

Comment

Do both sony players have the latest firmware update ?? Also how fast are you burning your discs ? Try burning at 4x speed. And you may want to check for
                a firmware update for your computers DVD drive.

Comment

The Sony players automatically check for updates and they have been installed. I really bellieve it is either Dvdfab or the AMD drivers or both that have the problem. Can anyone tell what is wrong by looking at my logs? Thanks.

Comment

I have used both different speeds 2x on bd re disks and 6x on verbatim 10x discs. My asus burner also has latest firmware.

Comment

AMD has had a lot of driver updates up untill the May one wich leaves me to think that the problem is there. Maybe a driver problem or DvdFab is not in syc with it.

Comment

Also the problem only occurs when Lightning Shrink is enabled.

Comment

Hi Mona,
                          I am still having this issue even with the newest beta release.
                          Has anything been found in my logs?

Comment

Originally posted by mash609 View Post
                            Hi Mona,
                            I am still having this issue even with the newest beta release.
                            Has anything been found in my logs?
                            Hello, we could not reproduce the problem, please update to v10.2.0.8 version to try again and feedback, thank you.

Regards,
                            Mona

Comment

Hi Mona,
                              Have tried making compressed BD of the movie Logan today with 10.2.0.8 & 10.2.0.9.
                              Same bad result; I appreciate your help in getting this fixed.

Comment

Working...
                              X