This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

playback jitters

So as many people who come to the forums I am new to blu-ray burning. I have been backing up DVDs for years but new to this. So I ripped the movies to a folder on my HDD. Then I go back into DVDFab and use the main movie mode to shrink the movie onto a 25gb Disk. Everything seems to burn OK, but when I playback the movie on my PC or my PS3 the movie jitters. Basically what happens is if I play the movie and watch the time line it does one of two things. One if it plays fine, then stalls a for a second plays again for around 10 to 30 seconds and it does it again. The cycle goes on like that. The second thing is that it will jump ahead a few minutes on random. I have tried with both the movie 9 and Men in Black.

Please let me know if you know whats the deal is and if you can help.

Thanks
    Tim

are you playing these movies on a BD-R or just the .m2ts file itself?

Comment

I am burning the main movie to a BD-R 25gb

Comment

Try ripping the title as a iso and test playback using Fab's virtual drive and compatible software.
        If no problems then try ripping/compressing main movie as iso and again test playback before burning (this time rename your volume label so you won't be over writing the original rip causing a crash or error OR change the target path)
        Again if playback is ok then that will narrow the problem down to the burn process and I would recommend installing ImgBurn (link in my sig). Follow Troy512's video tutorial on how to set it up with Fab and to set up the automatic write speed per media id.
        I don't have those titles to test but usually if playback is skipping and or freezes for short periods it's burn speed related. Always burn at half the rated speed of your blank media. Make sure your burner has the latest firmware update and your stand alone player also.

Comment

thanks for the help. The ISO plays just fine. but the burned disk do not. I am thinking it must be a media issue, or the drive itself.

Comment

Working...
          X