This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compression speed

Currently I have a Pentium Dual-Core E5300 @ 2.60GHz with 2GB of RAM and an ATI x1650 pro 512MB running Windows 7.
    Compressing a BR movie from 33GB down to SL 25GB takes about 17 hours. What's the cheapest part I can upgrade to decrease the compression time? I'm thinking graphic card, what's your input?

Thanks.

To decrease the compression time I think it would have to be a faster CPU and more memory

Comment

A similar compression for me would take about three hours,my specs are in my sig. You have quite a few options but like AGJ said a better CPU is a must. Definately a quadcore and the LGA775 socket is still well supported. Looking at 150-400 bucks depending on your budget. Also the Nvidia cards tend to work better with DVDFab.
      AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @3960MHz
      4G Geil ddr2 1066 (5-5-5-15) @1120MHz
      ASUS M3N HT Deluxe Nvidia 780a chipset
      2 XFX 9800GT SLI driver 197.45
      LG WH08LS20 BD drive firmware updated
      Windows7 Professional x64

Comment

Johan your video cards need an update. They probably are you just haven't updated them in your signature.
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Lol buy a 50gb BD-RE got mine for £11 off ebay and a 47gb movie takes 3 hours to write ,plus you can re-write to it.

Comment

Working...
          X