X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

French Audio Only From Blu-Ray; Fifth Element

Hi all,

I am lost here. I have been trying out the Blu-Ray feature of DVDFab with my new ASUS player but have no luck with getting the right audio track.

I am ripping The Fifth Element to either Main Movie or Full Disc options and get French as the audio track even though English is selected. I noticed that French is automatically checked when ripping, however if I uncheck it as a language I get NO AUDIO at all.

I have tried different ways of ripping it and tried another program as well and get the same issue. I have tried several players with the same result and there's no language selection on them as far as I can find.

I don't have PowerDVD but have tried VLC, Media Player, and Oxygen. So far, Media Player runs the smoothest.
    Last edited by Complication; 02-25-2010, 07:41 PM. Reason: Removed non-allowed software references.

Forum rules do not allow mention of competing software products.

Your issue is likely that the player and/or PC cannot handle the HD Audio that is probably present in the Blu-Ray disc. The Blu-Ray specification requires that all Blu-Ray players support HD audio so there is not usually another AC3 audio of the same language when the HD is there. Sorry, I do not have an easy fix for you.
    Last edited by Complication; 02-25-2010, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Is there more than one movie stream on the original BD? If so try a different one and use the preview in DVDFab.
      AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @3960MHz
      4G Geil ddr2 1066 (5-5-5-15) @1120MHz
      ASUS M3N HT Deluxe Nvidia 780a chipset
      2 XFX 9800GT SLI driver 197.45
      LG WH08LS20 BD drive firmware updated
      Windows7 Professional x64

Comment

Working...
      X