X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Cars 2 Blu-Ray Problem

Cars 2 Disc 1 Blu-Ray

Disc has read errors and won't copy.

I've tried 5 different discs (yes, five). Wiped and cleaned discs, no difference.

Only way to recover the program is to cancel or Task Manager it out.

No problem with Cars or Cars 3 Blu-Ray, or with Cars 2 DVD.

Attached Files

Read error, normally indicates that there is bad section or something on the disc, please go to Common Settings>Drives>Read, mark the option "ignore all the reading errors automatically" to copy the movie again and see if it will make a difference.
    Or you can use DVDFab Passkey or Imgburn to clone a copy and save to your hard drive, and then load the copy to DVDFab to try again.

Comment

7 Cars 2 Blu-Ray DVDs so far, all have failed.

Seven.

One is random, two is coincidence, three is a trend. Seven is the number to play at the next lotto.

Comment

Seven.

One is random, two is coincidence, three is a trend. Seven is the number to play at the next lotto.

Comment

Originally posted by GregAmy View Post

Seven.

Please open the original movie disc of Cars 2 Blu-Ray in Windows Explorer, make a folder containing everything in the disc volume EXCEPT those .m2ts files under \...BDMV\Stream, zip it and upload it to our FTP site. I've sent you a PM with FTP info.

Comment

Done! Thanks.

For reference, CyberLink ower Media Player 14 seems to have no issue playing the Blu-Ray disc.

Comment

Now eight failed discs.

Interested in what you find in the files I uploaded, but I tried a couple things...I tried both copying the files directly to my hard drive, and using IMGBurn to create an ISO. Both failed on the same m2ts files. IMGBurn reported:

W 09:56:09 Failed to Read Sectors 7190016 - 7190047 - Reason: L-EC Uncorrectable Error
              W 09:56:17 Failed to Read Sector 7190016 - Reason: Positioning Error Detected by Read of Medium
              W 09:56:17 Sector 7190016 maps to File: \BDMV\STREAM\00880.m2ts

If you find nothing wrong - and now I expect that's what you'll find - I'm going to put this down to a bad production run of Blu-Ray discs that my disc provider has. I don't know any way around this, short of just buying one at random from Amazon or CraigsList and hoping it's not part of a bad production run...

Comment

Originally posted by GregAmy View Post
                Now eight failed discs.

Interested in what you find in the files I uploaded, but I tried a couple things...I tried both copying the files directly to my hard drive, and using IMGBurn to create an ISO. Both failed on the same m2ts files. IMGBurn reported:

W 09:56:09 Failed to Read Sectors 7190016 - 7190047 - Reason: L-EC Uncorrectable Error
                W 09:56:17 Failed to Read Sector 7190016 - Reason: Positioning Error Detected by Read of Medium
                W 09:56:17 Sector 7190016 maps to File: \BDMV\STREAM\00880.m2ts

If you find nothing wrong - and now I expect that's what you'll find - I'm going to put this down to a bad production run of Blu-Ray discs that my disc provider has. I don't know any way around this, short of just buying one at random from Amazon or CraigsList and hoping it's not part of a bad production run...
                are the discs original store bought discs or are these already burned discs ??
                did you try cleaning the laser lens on your dvd drive ?
                try uninstalling your computers blu-ray drive, restart your computer and let
                windows reinstall the drive.

Comment

Store bought discs.

Tried cleaning the disc lens.

I'm not clear that reinstalling the driver will help because I am not having this problem on any other Blu-Ray disc. I've ripped many to my home theater system.

I think this is "just one of those things". It seems to be problematic for this title for others as well.

Comment

do you have another blu-ray drive you could test ??
                    maybe your current blu-ray drive is starting to go out since it failed
                    on eight discs

Comment

I saw this topic and I wanted to add that I had the same problem with Cars BD discs. I even tried ripping it to MKV and it gave me tons of errors on that as well so it's not a DVD Fab problem. That was the only disc I gave up on and bought it.

Comment

Working...
                      X