X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to blu ray and considering buying

right now im using a trial package

i have just bought myself a blu ray 8x reader, and some blu rays, but as with dvds id like to have them all on hard disk and compressed but without any noticable quality loss

so far ive got as far as,

ripping the dvd using fab at 100% on main movie to HDD with HD audio,
    creating an iso using imgburn
    mounting the iso on a daemon tools virutal drive
    playing with PowerDVD 8

but id like to compress them too [or keep the menus in blu ray format but dont think thats possible]

what do you guys find the best for converting too? whats the best way of going about this

if i can get this happening i will be buying this program

Originally posted by al4x View Post
    id like to compress them too [or keep the menus in blu ray format but dont think thats possible]
    Correct, Fab cannot compress full disc with menus (yet)

what do you guys find the best for converting too? whats the best way of going about this
    The devs are working on a Bluray to Mobile option and should be available very soon.

Comment

DVDFab will compress the movie only to BDDVD9(8.5G) and BDDVD5 (4.3G) I typically use DVD( and playback on my standalone player is still good quality never tried DVD5 I feel its too much compression.
      AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @3960MHz
      4G Geil ddr2 1066 (5-5-5-15) @1120MHz
      ASUS M3N HT Deluxe Nvidia 780a chipset
      2 XFX 9800GT SLI driver 197.45
      LG WH08LS20 BD drive firmware updated
      Windows7 Professional x64

Comment

when you compress to dvd there must be noticable quality differences surely?

im after the point where no difference in quality is observed, if necessary i can use a second program like handbrake to reencode to mp4 h264 if necessary

Comment

of course there is but it is hardly noticable.

The new beta version has a module for Blu-Ray to Mobile so you wouldn't need to use anything else than Fab.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

when you compress to dvd there must be noticable quality differences surely?

im after the point where no difference in quality is observed, if necessary i can use a second program like handbrake to reencode to mp4 h264 if necessary
            You are absolutlely correct, there is significant quality loss, the only way this otion is viable is for people that bpught the bluray version and still want to watch it with non bluray quality on their other standalones or IPODs.
            Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Working...
            X