Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem: Bluray Copy drm removal unreliable (Clone / Write Data)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem: Bluray Copy drm removal unreliable (Clone / Write Data)

Hello,
    I use the DVDFab Bluray Copy module to create drm free ISOs from my discs. I have the following problem:
    If I insert a disc, let it analyse and start the "Clone Mode" it's very unreliable, if it will work. If I click "Start" one of two cases can randomly happen:

1) The Task Queue Manager opens. Under "Option" it shows "Bluray Copy (Clone)". The created ISO is placed in a automatically created folder called "Clone", works perfectly and the drm is removed.
    2) The Task Queue Manager opens. Under "Option" it shows "Bluray Copy (Write Data)" and it shows directly "step 2/2". The created ISO is placed directly in the selected output directory and is either corrupted or has AACS drm not removed (VLC won't play it).

Very often I have to restart the program, reinsert the disc or restart the computer to not get case 2. It's very annoying and kind of random.
    Is this problem known to you? It would be nice, if you could fix this.

Thanks

I solved the problem by myself. I accessed the drive using a file system link and not the direct drive letter f.e. "F:", which probably triggered the "Write Data" mode instead of the "Copy Mode" and the Write Data mode does'nt handle decryption but it's purpose is to copy an existing iso 1:1 to another file. At least that's what I think was the problem. (Please correct me if I am wrong) The topic can be closed.

Comment

Originally posted by FCKDRM View Post
      I solved the problem by myself. I accessed the drive using a file system link and not the direct drive letter f.e. "F:", which probably triggered the "Write Data" mode instead of the "Copy Mode" and the Write Data mode does'nt handle decryption but it's purpose is to copy an existing iso 1:1 to another file. At least that's what I think was the problem. (Please correct me if I am wrong) The topic can be closed.
      Burn (aka Write Data) mode is to burn folder to ISO/blank media and burn ISO file to blank media. Its source is a non-copy-protected folder or iso.
      When the source is a movie disc, don't use the +Add option to load it as source, let DVDFab automatically detect and load.

Comment

Working...
      X