This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copy fails with initial read errors but original disk plays absolutely fine

This is an odd one...the original disk plays just fine but when I look to back it up.....it gets stuck with lots and lots of read errors Disk is immaculate.
    Logs attached.
    Attached Files

To help us check the issue, please do these:
    1. Please go to where you install DVDFab 11, find the fabprocess.exe, rename this file to load the movie to try again and see if it will make a difference.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	rename fab process.jpg
Views:	1950
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	375505

2. If still have problem, please post the dvdfab_internal log session as well, thanks.

Comment

Thanks, I was having this same problem with multiple discs recently, they play fine in a stand alone player and the disc is immaculate, but DVDFab copy gives an immediate read error and the DVDFab Media Player also won't load the title, freezing on the thumbnail screen while you can hear the disc in the drive spinning up and stopping over and over again.
      Renaming fabprocess.exe did work to get the disc to back up, so at least that works. Is there a similar trick that will allow media player to read the original?

Comment

Hi... I'm having the sames issue.
        • Multiple discs fail in any of my three PC drives
        • DVD playback works fine on standalone player and the PC from any of the drives
        • PathPlayer on or off, does not have any effect
        • Was working and stopped working after DVDFab upgrade
        • Rename does not have any effect.
        • CUDA on or off, has no effect.
        On a positive note DVDFAB V10 is still working on the PC. So looks like a DVDFAB V11 software issue.
        Last edited by ToxicStar; 12-07-2019, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Hi there, we will fix this issue in the coming version, please kindly wait for update. For now, please rename fabprocess.exe or use the old version for Blu-ray copy/rip. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
            1. Please go to where you install DVDFab 11, find the fabprocess.exe, rename this file to load the movie to try again and see if it will make a difference.

2. If still have problem, please post the dvdfab_internal log session as well, thanks.
            Ok, thanks, so I did 1 and that solved the issue...or at least was a workaround...is this a known issue that is going to be fixed and should I rename the file back after backing up ok?

Comment

Originally posted by neilsupermac View Post

.is this a known issue that is going to be fixed and should I rename the file back after backing up ok?
              Sorry...just seen the other post from you. I see it is and a fix is being worked on.

Comment

Working fine now thanks

Comment

Thank you for the feedback, glad it works

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

什么情况下可以通过这种方式去尝试?

Comment

Originally posted by catalyst View Post

什么情况下可以通过这种方式去尝试?
                      Hi,这个属于阶段性特殊版本的问题,非通用建议。这是个很老的帖子了,如果您需要帮助请通过联系页面联系 客服或新开一个帖子提供问题相关信息。感谢您的支持!

Comment

Working...
                      X