This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2012 reg1 usa

waiting for ups for my movie 2012 anyone backup this movie yet?
    Windows 7 64bit ultimate
    CPU: i7 4770K @4.5 vcore@1.28v temps 27c/67c
    RAM: 16GB DDR3 @2133
    GPU: nVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 2GB
    SSD: 2 X 60GB OCZ vertex 3 RAID 0 (boot drive)
    HHD: 1 TB WD BLK (storage and back up)
    PSU: 760W ,Fans 1x200mm and 2x120mm

Comment

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post

thanks I should have said for blu ray
      Windows 7 64bit ultimate

Comment

Originally posted by ernielee View Post
        thanks I should have said for blu ray
        Maybe I should have noticed your question is in the blu ray sub forum.

Comment

2012 Blu ray Backup

Yes it can be done. What I did was rip a Full Disk BD50 iso then ripped from that the main movie to BD25 1080p. Deselected the HD Audio and opted to ignore all reading errors. Compression took 10 hrs. The result was not perfect but pretty darn close. Hope ups gets there soon.

Comment

2012 experience (Canada/US region)- Ripped to HD with other software. 3 main titles offered. Selected Title 1. Kept English DTS - HD Master Audio and first english substitle. Encoding took ~7hrs. Playback on BD 25 was good except the beginning (Columbia splash and planet alignment) had audio but no video. Video kicked in at the scene where taxi was bringing the scientist to his colleagues home.

I previewed the title before beginning the encode and all seemed fine.

Anyone else have this experience? Could this be a settings issue?

I am using V 7 beta.

Thanks
            Last edited by W&B; 03-07-2010, 05:47 PM. Reason: removed software reference, please read the rules before posting again

Comment

did a backup with 6.2.2.0 on thur 3/4/10 movie only DTS no HD first ENG sub no issue.
              Windows 7 64bit ultimate

Comment

2012 BR - Main Movie, which title?

I'm trying to backup 2012 BR and have selected the main movie option. Fab7 shows three titles that are the exact same length; 1, 34 and 632. Anyone know the difference between these?
                I selected title 1, but Fab chose 34 initially.

AMD Phenom II X4 3.2Ghz | Radeon HD 4670 | Win7 Pro x64 | 8 GB | Synology DS211j 5TB | Wired GbE | 2x WDTV Live + |

Comment

tjkaz:
                  from my experience with other movies, best solution is to play those titles with preview and see which one is responding.... and also, experiment with enable/disable PathPlayer if any problems occurred during rip/conversion
                  sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                  For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                  For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                  Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
                    tjkaz:
                    from my experience with other movies, best solution is to play those titles with preview and see which one is responding.... and also, experiment with enable/disable PathPlayer if any problems occurred during rip/conversion
                    Thanks. I did play them with the preview and they look the same - didn't watch the whole movie, but from what I played, they looked the same.
                    Not sure if pathplayer has anything to do with this.

AMD Phenom II X4 3.2Ghz | Radeon HD 4670 | Win7 Pro x64 | 8 GB | Synology DS211j 5TB | Wired GbE | 2x WDTV Live + |

Comment

tjkaz:
                      yes, PathPlayer is have everything to do with this. Usually movie spread throughout number of files (m2ts), and PathPlayer linking them together - simplest way to explain. However, DVDFab usually picks the right one. I would try the one Fab picked
                      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
                        tjkaz:
                        yes, PathPlayer is have everything to do with this. Usually movie spread throughout number of files (m2ts), and PathPlayer linking them together - simplest way to explain. However, DVDFab usually picks the right one. I would try the one Fab picked
                        Just tried three times with enabled, disabled and with "enabled when necessary" and each time had the same result. And of course, exited and restarted Fab7 each time I made the setting change.

Comment

tjkaz,

I'd be interested in your results. I chose title 1. I didn't disable Pathplayer. I noticed I was missing video from the beginniing and it didn't kick in until the taxi scene. After that it played fine. I chose to keep the english DTS Master Audio track and the first english subtitle.

Comment

My results might not be useful to you given what I'm doing with my movies. I back them up only to be stored in a movie-only fashion on my NAS. I stream them to PS3's w/in my home for viewing. I very seldom burn a DVD and don't burn BD at all.
                            I first used Fab7 (latest), chose first title (1) and then saved as main movie and stripped HD audio sinc the PS3 doesn't like this when playing streamed media. The following might not be relavent to you: I then demuxed the video from the audio track and then EAC3TO'd the audio into AC3 format (which is what the PS3 wants with AVCHD video). I then muxed the AC3 audio with the .264 video and saved the .m2ts file on the NAS (~28GB). Watched the video but then it just stopped fairly early on when they were down in laboratory in India.
                            I then tried the latest Fab6 beta and repeated the above except for using the track that Fab selected (34) versus the first track as with the above. After going through the gyrations I then played and watched the movie to it's completion and all seemed to be fine. Only issue I came across is that given the way I back up my movies (main movie) I don't get the subtitles when there are other languages being spoken so I didn't get the subtitles during the chinese speaking sections.
                            Does anyone know a work around for this? I don't want subtitles all the time, but just during those sections when other languages are being spoken.
                            Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                            X