This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

failed to initialize the burning engine

I am trying dvd fab 6 blue-ray to blue-ray. it was working fine until I uninstalled Nero. now everytime I start dvdfab I see the message "failed to initialize the burning engine". it copies the bue-ray, but it can't burn it on a disc, only on iso or folder. does anyone know what was it that nero did to my system (xp pro sp2)? by the way, I already reinstall Nero.

Thank you, guys.

did you change your burn engine back to the VSO after you uninstalled nero?

Edit: I've never had much experience with Nero but heard it sometimes does not do a complete uninstall and I think if you visit their website they have a small uninstall program to d/l and run that takes care of that issue. hope this helps.
    Last edited by W&B; 10-03-2009, 06:42 PM. Reason: added info

Comment

OMG! Thank you! I went to the settings and that WAS the problem. I uninstalled Nero 7 and installed Nero 9. And they have different burning engine files. So I set it back to VSO and voilla! It works. Thank you so much.

(By the way, to complete remove software from the computer I used Total Uninstall 5, got it at downloads dot com. Works great! And it's free.)

Comment

You're welcome, glad you're back in business (I've never had problems with the VSO burn engine but its been a long time ago since i used it and its been updated since then. Some users seem to have problems with it, if you do I recommend ImgBurn. Its free and can be set up to work flawlessly with Fab. Check out Troy512'S video on how to set the AWS (automatic Write Speed) for ALL your CD/DVD/BD media. d/l links is within his post also)

Comment

(xp pro sp2)

lelecarabina,
          you might also want to update to sp3 as well.

Comment

Working...
          X