Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Software freezes for up to a minute, when opening/reading a new disc

Hi,

I'm using DVDFab x64 on Windows 10 (64bit), with no additional Antivirus-Software (just standard Windows Defender)

Since v11.0.8.x DVDFab has the following behaviour
    1) New disc is entered into drive ...
    2) DVDFab accesses the drive & reads the disc ...
    3) At the end the software freezes, there's a black frame around the DVDFab Window ...
    4) In the meantime the disc-rotation slows and eventually stops => Showing that DVDFab is not accessing the Disc anymore!
    5) Then at least 15 and up to 60 seconds after the actual reading process was finished unlocks and finally shows the disc content

Here the internal log file content:

2020.06.25-15:43:40: server id 0
    2020.06.25-15:43:41: error curl get: Failure when receiving data from the peer
    2020.06.25-15:43:41: error curl get: Failure when receiving data from the peer
    2020.06.25-15:43:42: error curl get: Failure when receiving data from the peer
    2020.06.25-15:43:42: Meta: the ownership is E_Meta_Is_Owner.
    2020.06.25-15:43:43: error curl get: Failure when receiving data from the peer
    2020.06.25-15:43:43: error curl get: Failure when receiving data from the peer
    2020.06.25-15:43:44: error curl get: Failure when receiving data from the peer
    2020.06.25-15:43:46: Meta: editable flag is META_INFO_EDITABLE_FLAG_ONLY_TEXT
    2020.06.25-15:43:46: Meta: Load meta info data from server.
    2020.06.25-15:43:46: UiLog: nfo: scraper name XYZ.
    2020.06.25-15:43:46: NFO: scraper Movie Data. av false.
    2020.06.25-15:43:46: NFO: update Data. av false.
    2020.06.25-15:43:46: UiLog: nfo: scraper Data failed.
    2020.06.25-15:43:46: StartSyncMetaInfoThread End, 0
    2020.06.25-15:44:44: dl bd data error

2020.06.25-15:44:45: Work manager: create BD fulldisc work 0 with source 0 and uiinfo 0.
    2020.06.25-15:44:46: bd-fulldisk: FillWorkData not remove audio
    2020.06.25-15:44:46: Source manager: open source flag:1,0,1,1,1
    2020.06.25-15:44:46: Source manager: open source flag:1,0,1,1,1
    2020.06.25-15:44:49: bd-fulldisk: FillWorkData not remove audio
    I marked the exact time when the lockdown/freezing starts 15:43:46
    and when it eventually stops 15:44:44

=> What is happening there: What is DVDFab trying to do???
    => Why does it take so long: Is this bug?
    => What option/feature do I have to disable/enable in order to get rid of this freezing?

NOTE:
    This happens for ALL the discs I have tried in the last months,
    although the duration of the software not responding may differ

Greetings & Thanks

Please input the disc to drive, wait till your PC recognize it, and then start up DVDFab, let DVDFab detect and load it as source.
    If have the same issue, please post the whole dvdfab_internal log file to help analyze the issue. Thanks.

Comment

OK thanks, I'll try that later.

... but please note that the freezing seems to happen AFTER the disc was FULLY read.
      DVDFab seems (unsuccessfully) to download OR upload something afterwards!?

And:
      Despite this error, it was still always possible to create a (full) backup of the disc.
      So this upload/download seems to be purely "optional".

Could this settings be the cause of the problem:

Click image for larger version

Name:	dvdfab_meta.png
Views:	825
Size:	8.3 KB
ID:	383646
      1 - Is DVDFab uploading anything?
      2 - How "much" data is usually downloaded?
      3 - What happens when no meta-data is found?

Last edited by bottom; 07-13-2020, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Hello, the meta info data is quite small, you can edit and upload those meta info when no data is available, it won't affect the copy/convert process.

Regarding the reading disc issue, we cannot reproduce, so please offer us more details about your PC and the drive, send us the dvdfab_internal log file and fabcheck_internal log file so that we can check. Thanks.

Comment

have same issue!

Comment

I've seen the same issue on some UHD discs. The software is waiting for the server for something or other, got nothing to do with the local computer.

Comment

Originally posted by rdgrimes View Post
              I've seen the same issue on some UHD discs. The software is waiting for the server for something or other, got nothing to do with the local computer.
              Please send us your log files to help check it out. You can refer to this post to send log files and attach the feedback ID here: DVDFab Forum - Log Files Help Our Developers Troubleshoot Your Problems Quickly

Comment

Have experienced exactly the same symptoms as that described by Member bottom - initially thought it was my pc but as more and more users seem to be experiencing the same thing, apparently not! It takes DVDFab software a period of time to access disc contents and register them, with the initial access of the disc causing the software to hang for a period of time. This situation has been occurring for quite a while now and isn't just limited to the latest version of DVDFab.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by littlebluealien; 07-16-2020, 05:35 AM.

Comment

Hi all, please kindly try again and feedback. Thank you.

Comment

Hi Mona,

since your last post I haven't seen the long "freezing" of the UI anymore ...
                    however I just noticed that, after having successfully read the disc
                    with the software just sitting there, being open, doing literally NOTHING
                    the process "DVDFab64.exe" continuously uses/utilizes 100% load of one CPU core !?

I waited for 20 minutes to see if this stops at some time ... => It did not
                    I checked to see if there's ANY new entries written to the log-files => there were none!
                    The last log entries written (even 20 minutes later!) are:

dvdfab_internal.log
                    2020.08.01-16:59:13: StartSyncMetaInfoThread End, 0
                    20200801-server.log:
                    16:59:13 info: fileScraper: scraper end, duration[546ms]

The software seems to be fully/normally responding during this time,
                    and, when starting the actual backup/copy process,
                    => the CPU load of the "DVDFab64.exe" goes back to a normal level....

I don't know what the developers fixed on the servers to solve my original request (=temporary freezing of the UI)
                    however I think the core problem in the software itself could still be there ....

Best regards
                    Last edited by bottom; 08-01-2020, 03:42 PM.

Comment

with the software just sitting there, being open, doing literally NOTHING
                      the process "DVDFab64.exe" continuously uses/utilizes 100% load of one CPU core !?
                      Hello bottom, thank you for the update, please post your feedback ID here for the last try as well.

Comment

Hello Mona,
                        I've sent you a message.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello Mona,

could you get any feedback from the developers?
                          For me the problem still occurs with each new version, including latest v11.1.0.5:

1 - Just insert a disc and wait for DVDFab to have finished(!) the initial reading
                          2 - Do NOT start the copy process yet ...
                          3 - Open the Task-Manager and check which process creates the most CPU-load

Regards!

Comment

Hello bottom, what was the last movie you tried and got the issue? We are unable to duplicate that issue.
                            Please specify the movie name, and offer us the latest dvdfab_internal log. Thanks.

Comment

Hello Mona,

the problem occurred with each and every disc I tried!
                              (at least 7-8, both recent and older titles)

Thus I strongly doubt, that the disc has any relation to the problem,
                              much more likely it has something to do with the machine/setup .... either yours or mine.

So maybe someone else can check:

1 - Insert a BluRay and wait for DVDFab to finish(!) the initial reading
                              2 - Do NOT start the copy process yet!!!
                              3 - Check the Task-Manager for the process creating the highest CPU-load

Click image for larger version

Name:	DVDFab 11.1.0.x  doing nothing, but very high CPU Load.png
Views:	649
Size:	174.6 KB
ID:	385128

Comment

Working...
                              X