How do I compress a BD50 to 25gb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I compress a BD50 to 25gb

I have dvdfab bluray copy. I can rip the BD , but how do I burn it to a 25gb bluray disc? It wants t burns to a 50gb.
    Thanks

with the disc loaded, click the little wrench icon - select output - change from BD50 to BD25
    you will need to recopy the disc so it'll compress to 25GB

Comment

Here's my experience: I did what October above suggested. When the original bluray disc had roughly 25-35 gb data, DvdFab managed to burn it onto a blank 25 GB disc. But, it would not burn it when the oiginal was close to 50 GB. (I always rip original content and save it onto hard drive first, then do burning from this copy.)

Comment

I had a similar experience several versions back, with an original that was almost the full 50 GB (which in my experience happened only one time ... can't remember the title now). At that time, I thought perhaps DVDFAB was not compressing the output enough to fit on a 25GB disc, perhaps due to a bug, so I manually lowered the output size and it worked. You can manually change this under Common Settings>Drives>Blu-ray write. The default size for 25 GB disc is 23000 MB. You have a few pre-selected sizes you can change this to, but you can manually set it as well. Again, working off memory, I believe I set the output size to 22,500 for that particular title, or thereabout. You may have to experiment around by reducing the output size a little at a time to see what will fit, before burning. Yes, you will have a bit higher compression (shouldn't be enough to noticeably affect quality). As I mentioned, I only had to do this one time so I didn't pursue it any further. Trial and error ... yeah ... but got the job done. Maybe DVDFab staff will take note of your post and developers will fix it in a future release, if it is in fact a bug. Including your log files would likely help to that end.
        Last edited by LaciBacsi; 09-05-2020, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Hi skoy & LaciBacsi, we will try to duplicate the compressing and burn issue "when the original was close to 50 GB" . If we need more information, we will contact you again. Thanks for your help in advance.

Comment

Thanks Mona. U R the best.

Comment

Originally posted by skoy View Post
              Here's my experience: I did what October above suggested. When the original bluray disc had roughly 25-35 gb data, DvdFab managed to burn it onto a blank 25 GB disc. But, it would not burn it when the oiginal was close to 50 GB. (I always rip original content and save it onto hard drive first, then do burning from this copy.)
              Hi, to help us quicken the process, please list some of the movies that close to 50GB, thanks again

Comment

Mona; This was a Joe Bonamassa concert on a bluray disc. I cannot remember which one since I collect all of them! Anyway, it held about 50 GB data. I managed to compress and burn it as a dvd disc without any issues. Also, I had some DL blank bluray discs. I made an exact copy. Unlike blank dvd+R discs, bluray discs cost a bunch. I did not want to end up with coasters!! Maybe I am wrong with my assumption that too much compression is not ideal.

Comment

Working...
                X