Blu-ray to DVD audio sync problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-ray to DVD audio sync problem

I have been using DVDFab for may years, but almost everything I do has been just straight DVD clone to hard drive. I have never tried to do anything with a Blu-ray disc before.

I have an AVCHD BD5 disk that plays perfectly in any BD player or software on my computer. I am now trying to pull a movie off of that disc and store it on my computer in DVD format. The result of the Blu-ray to DVD copy is a seemingly normal DVD folder that plays fine EXCEPT the audio is more than one second before the video! This audio sync problem is so huge that I cannot even correct it by running the movie through VideoReDo, since that software only allows a change of +/- 1 second max.

I have tried the same copy job with multiple AVCHD discs and different movies, and the audio sync problem is always there from the DVDFab copy (I also had the problem a few days ago using DVDFab v11). What can I do to fix this?

try clicking common settings - AV Codec - switch everything to software - restart dvdfab
    and retry the disc again to see if you still get the audio sync issue.

Comment

Thanks - I will try disabling the codecs.

In the meantime, here is some additional information from my testing:
      1. I tried using the same disc with Blu-ray Ripper "Rip to Theater", and the resulting .mp4 file has the same audio sync issue as the Blu-ray to DVD output does. Note that when I use the preview button in the DVDFab task screen, the movie preview plays fine, showing that even DVDFab can see and play the original source discs with the audio and video in sync; therefore, the software is causing this sync problem during the conversion.
      2. For comparison, I tried the same Blu-ray to DVD job with a commercial Blu-ray disc, and the resulting output audio was fine - it was in sync with the video. So this indicates that my results may be specific to using an AVCHD disc for source.
      Last edited by Mauser; 10-10-2020, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
        try clicking common settings - AV Codec - switch everything to software - restart dvdfab
        and retry the disc again to see if you still get the audio sync issue.
        No Joy. I disabled the GPU codecs and ran the Rip to Theater job again (that runs much faster than the conversion to DVD job), and the results are identical - sam huge problem with audio leading the video by more than one second.

Comment

did you try disabling the lighting shrink & lighting shrink recording ??
          try that and see what the results are.

Comment

No improvement with lightning-'everything' disabled.

Comment

Now here is something even more strange - hope it does not muddy the water too much -

I made a BD copy of the main movie so that I would not have to use the physical disc for each test. That MainMovie file plays fine and the audio is in sync when played directly from the output folder.

BUT, if I then use that MainMovie copy folder as input to the Blu-ray Ripper "Rip to Theater" job, the resulting output has an EVEN WORSE audio sync problem! Now, instead of the 1-2 second lead I get when I rip the original AVCHD disk to Theater, using the MainMovie copy for the same job gives me an output with the audio a full 20 seconds or more ahead of the video!!

Comment

Just to try and start fresh on this thread - here is a summary of where I am at right now:
                • I have an AVCHD BD5 disc that contains two programs, a movie,1:35 long, and a shorter video of 35 minutes. This disc plays perfectly in DVDFab Player 6.
                • I did a Blu-ray clone of this disc to the hard drive as a .iso file. This clone file also plays perfectly in Player6, with the audio and video in perfect sync.
                • I did a Rip to Theater of the main movie from the original BD5 disc as MP4.Passthrough. When that MP4 file is played in Player6, the audio is over 1 second ahead of the video.
                • I did a Rip to Theater of the same program from the .ISO clone as MP4.Passthrough. This job runs fast and does not use much CPU. When that MP4 file is played in Player6, the audio is over 1 second ahead of the video, exactly like the Rip done from the original disc.
                • I did a Rip to Theater of the shorter video from the .ISO clone as MP4.Passthrough. When that MP4 file is played in Player6, the audio is over 1 second ahead of the video, just like the rips of the longer movie from either source.
                Besides the Rip to Theater jobs, I also did all the same tests with Blu-ray to DVD copy, and although these conversion jobs run a LOT longer (and max out both my CPU and GPU), the end results have the exact same audio sync problems.

I have changed just about every settings option I can imagine in the DVDFab Common Settings, and NONE of the changes I have tried made any difference at all in the results of either the Rip to Theater or Blu-ray to DVD copy jobs I have tried.

How can I get a copy of the programs from this AVCHD disc that does not have the audio sync problems that are being generated by DVDFab?

Comment

Hi Mauser, we will check the issue you reported, I will keep you posted. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mauser View Post
                    Just to try and start fresh on this thread - here is a summary of where I am at right now:
                    • I have an AVCHD BD5 disc that contains two programs, a movie,1:35 long, and a shorter video of 35 minutes. This disc plays perfectly in DVDFab Player 6.
                    • I did a Blu-ray clone of this disc to the hard drive as a .iso file. This clone file also plays perfectly in Player6, with the audio and video in perfect sync.
                    • I did a Rip to Theater of the main movie from the original BD5 disc as MP4.Passthrough. When that MP4 file is played in Player6, the audio is over 1 second ahead of the video.
                    • I did a Rip to Theater of the same program from the .ISO clone as MP4.Passthrough. This job runs fast and does not use much CPU. When that MP4 file is played in Player6, the audio is over 1 second ahead of the video, exactly like the Rip done from the original disc.
                    • I did a Rip to Theater of the shorter video from the .ISO clone as MP4.Passthrough. When that MP4 file is played in Player6, the audio is over 1 second ahead of the video, just like the rips of the longer movie from either source.
                    Besides the Rip to Theater jobs, I also did all the same tests with Blu-ray to DVD copy, and although these conversion jobs run a LOT longer (and max out both my CPU and GPU), the end results have the exact same audio sync problems.

I have changed just about every settings option I can imagine in the DVDFab Common Settings, and NONE of the changes I have tried made any difference at all in the results of either the Rip to Theater or Blu-ray to DVD copy jobs I have tried.

How can I get a copy of the programs from this AVCHD disc that does not have the audio sync problems that are being generated by DVDFab?
                    Hi Mauser,

Please send us the ISO file of your AVCHD BD5 disc, we will test and check it out.
                    I will PM you the FTP info for uploading the ISO file, please kindly check. Thanks.

Comment

Update on an old problem:
                      Two years later, this problem still exists. I have many AVCHD dscs, and NONE of them will rip properly with DVDFab to any format other than M2TS.

As originally reported, trying to rip a file from these discs to most formats (MP4, MKV, etc.) results in a video file with hugely out-of-sync audio, sometimes off by multiple seconds near the end of the file.

However, I have since found that if I rip them with M2TS Passthrough, the resulting file is good. Note that I do not see this problem with commercial Blu-ray discs, just AVCHD discs.

I do not remember if I ever sent you the ISO file for testing, but if you need one now please contact me with the FTP info and I will send it.
                      Last edited by Mauser; 02-16-2023, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mauser View Post
                        Update on an old problem:
                        Two years later, this problem still exists. I have many AVCHD dscs, and NONE of them will rip properly with DVDFab to any format other than M2TS.

As originally reported, trying to rip a file from these discs to most formats (MP4, MKV, etc.) results in a video file with hugely out-of-sync audio, sometimes off by multiple seconds near the end of the file.

However, I have since found that if I rip them with M2TS Passthrough, the resulting file is good. Note that I do not see this problem with commercial Blu-ray discs, just AVCHD discs.

I do not remember if I ever sent you the ISO file for testing, but if you need one now please contact me with the FTP info and I will send it.
                        try converting to AVI and change the framerate from 25 to 23.970 and see if the audio is still out of sync - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...dio-sync-issue

Comment

Working...
                        X