X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD50 being detected instead of a BD25

Hello.
    I'm trying to burn BD25 content from my harddrive to a single layer BD-r.
    A few things are strange to me.
    1st, FAB detects the content as BD50 instead of BD25
    2nd, when I try to burn it, FAB thinks my blank media is Dual Layer. I try to proceed but it fails.
    This happens in 6.x and 7.x
    Any ideas?

Originally posted by ronatola View Post
    Hello.
    I'm trying to burn BD25 content from my harddrive to a single layer BD-r.
    A few things are strange to me.
    1st, FAB detects the content as BD50 instead of BD25
    2nd, when I try to burn it, FAB thinks my blank media is Dual Layer. I try to proceed but it fails.
    This happens in 6.x and 7.x
    Any ideas?

My initial response is to advise you to get a program called VSO Inspector. It's a freebie available on the web.

When you've got it, put one of your BD25 discs in your drive, and run VSO.
    If it too shows the disk as a BD50, then consider yourself lucky, as you just bought BD50s for the price of BD25s.

DC

Comment

I just tried VSO inspector and it says single layer 23.3GB

Comment

It's detecting the source as 22.506GB and should fit on a 25GB disc. Try the write data mode instead.
        Might also be the VSO burn engine, it's buggy for some users.
        If no luck with the write data mode try installing ImgBurn (link in my sig) follow Troy512's video tutorial on how to configure ImgBurn with Fab and also how to set the write speed per media id. Make sure your burner has the latest firmware update also.

Comment

Which folder should I use as the SOURCE if I want to try the WRITE DATA mode?
          Will this play on my PS3?

Comment

The folder that is highlighted and labeled 2012 on the left side of screenshot. PS3 will play bluray format burned to BD-R and BD-RE blank media 25GB and 50GB disc. I would set the write speed in common settings to half the rated speed of the media used.

Comment

BTW why is a PS3_update and PS3_VPRM folder in the Title folder?

Comment

Thx.
                I couldn't wait and guessed that 2012 was the right folder (whew) and it burned successfully, although it did nag me again about the media being DL, which it is not.

I'll have to wait until I get home to try it out in my PS3, as I burned it remotely from work.

Here are the contents of the PS3 folders
                ps3_UPDATE
                PS3UPDAT.PUP
                PS3UPDAT.SHA

PS3_VPRM
                PARAM.SFO

I don't know why they are there.

I have 4x media (Verbatim and ridata). Would you recommend always burning at 1/2 of the media's speed?

Comment

Originally posted by W&B View Post
                  BTW why is a PS3_update and PS3_VPRM folder in the Title folder?
                  The Blu-Ray specification has the feature to be able to deliver playback device specific information. These can be enhanced features or updates to the DRM (key add/revoke). I've not seen them before, but I'm guessing that might be what these are.

Comment

Originally posted by ronatola View Post
                    Thx.
                    I couldn't wait and guessed that 2012 was the right folder (whew) and it burned successfully, although it did nag me again about the media being DL, which it is not.

I'll have to wait until I get home to try it out in my PS3, as I burned it remotely from work.

Here are the contents of the PS3 folders
                    ps3_UPDATE
                    PS3UPDAT.PUP
                    PS3UPDAT.SHA
                    PS3_VPRM
                    PARAM.SFO
                    I don't know why they are there.
                    PS3UPDAT.PUP is an firmware update file for the PS3 and Fab did not put it there. Does the original have these files on the disc? I never purchased the bluray of this title. I guess it is a Sony title and there to update the PS3, I just never noticed before.

I have 4x media (Verbatim and ridata). Would you recommend always burning at 1/2 of the media's speed?
                    Yes, most write errors occur because of burning to fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Complication View Post
                      The Blu-Ray specification has the feature to be able to deliver playback device specific information. These can be enhanced features or updates to the DRM (key add/revoke). I've not seen them before, but I'm guessing that might be what these are.
                      I am typing slow today LOL, yep you're right on the money.

Comment

Working...
                      X