This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-ray ISO Rips Won't Play in VLC or Popcorn Hour

I'm looking for help as I've got no idea what I'm doing wrong. Here's some history and the problem: I've purchased and been using DVDFab for DVD to ISO function for years and have backed up my entire DVD archive to a 3TB NAS. I'm a nut for quality so I keep everything at original quality.

Now that I've gotten 2 Blu-ray disks (Day After Tomorrow and 2012) and a Samsung SH-B083 I'm able to rip both to ISO without fail but cannot watch either of them through PowerDVD, VLC, xbmc or my Popcorn Hour A110. I then got another Blu-ray drive (LG BH10) and plugged it into another system, ripped them again and got exactly the same results. So it's not the disks, the drive or the computers so far as I can tell leaving only the software and the idiot sitting in front of the computers.

I've ripped both movies multiple times, sometimes with full movie and sometimes with just the main movie with foreign audio tracks (French) stripped out. I keep it at BD50 for original quality.

I've even transferred the temp m2ts file that's created in task 1 of 2 and tried to play it, which does play but I can't control the subtitles on it.

I've read numerous guides, including the one stepping me through checking everything from DMA reset to turning off pathplayer and none of the options have solved my problem.

All the ISOs I've ripped from DVD work perfectly, neither of these Blu-ray disks play on anything I've tried. What am I doing wrong, is there a guide that I missed that spells out how to do this?

My end goal is to store these movies, and the rest that I buy, in original quality and allow my Popcorn Hour A110 and HTPC using Boxee to be able to see an play them without issue.

Any help is greatly appreciated! I'm stumped after spending 3 nights on this and hours of wasted time waiting for each rip process to finish to see if anything changes or works.

Settings Details
    Using defaults other than checking the following:
    GPU Acceleration - have enabled/disabled this, currently set using CUDA
    Read - changed to Ignore all reading errors automatically and unchecked Enable read-ahead cache
    Write - Switched to ImgBurn from VSO engine after 5-6 failed attempts, no affect
    Protection/Blu-ray - all checked, set to region A
    PathPlayer - switched between always on and disabled, currently set back to always enable

Try testing the original full disc rips with PowerDVD (make sure it's up to date). D/L and install DVDFab Virtual Drive here is a User's Guide for DVDFab Virtual Drive. If they playback fine you can then use that iso as the source for the main movie rip if you want later.

Comment

The PCH should play a file created using Blu-Ray to Mobile MKV remux. Make sure to click the little checkbox to remove HD audio.

If the Blu-Ray disc came with HD audio and you clicked the remove HD audio checkbox then DVDFab will downmix it to DTS. This can be played by the A-110 as stereo or passed through to a DTS receiver. See the NMT forums for details.

Comment

Thanks, I'll give both of your suggestions a shot and let you know the results after I return this weekend.

Comment

Hi,

I have a popcornhour c-200 and an a-200 and I have been ripping my blurays to a windows home server so they can be watched on the popcorn hour boxes using DVDfab to create iso images too.

Everything worked well until the update to version 7.010 and 7.012. Now any bluray iso images made cannot be read by the popcorn hour boxes, either of them. I have solved the problem for the time being by going back to version 6.220 which creates isos that work for these boxes. The only problem with that is that I can't get have the other benefits of version 7. Hopefully this will be sorted in future versions.

Comment

Originally posted by gavinbrowne View Post
            Hi,

I have a popcornhour c-200 and an a-200 and I have been ripping my blurays to a windows home server so they can be watched on the popcorn hour boxes using DVDfab to create iso images too.

Everything worked well until the update to version 7.010 and 7.012. Now any bluray iso images made cannot be read by the popcorn hour boxes, either of them. I have solved the problem for the time being by going back to version 6.220 which creates isos that work for these boxes. The only problem with that is that I can't get have the other benefits of version 7. Hopefully this will be sorted in future versions.
            Just so you know version 7 and version 6 can be installed on the same computer. You could always rip and save as file to HDD with version 7 and then use version 6 to convert to ISO or use ImgBurn to convert to ISO instead of version 6

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try that if I have any blurays that version 6.220 can't handle.

Comment

Working...
              X