Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am using an older version DVDFab 4K Recorder Ripper -No Audio

Greetings,
    I have been trying to rip a Blu-ray using DVDFab 4K Recorder Ripper.
    I have no problems if the file in the Panasonic has been converted from DR---> HQ mode, however when ripping in the unconverted DR (Direct Record) mode DVDFab 4K Recorder Ripper cannot rip the audio, it rips only the video.
    The ripped file will play on any PC player but with no audio, the file is stated as:

VIDEO: MPEG-4 AVC 1920X1080
    AUDIO: OTHER
    OUTPUT: LPCM 48 KHz/16 BITS

(VER 12.00.24))

Have you tried updating to the most current DVDFab software version to see if this is an old issue that is now resolved?

Comment

I have found the problem.
      In the Blu-Ray recorder all of the audio settings must be "BITSTREAM" and not PCM, using these settings there doesn't seem to be a problem.
      Last edited by nic6; 05-22-2021, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Excellent & thanks for the info.

Comment

Further to the above, on SD (Standard Definition) channels the audio is MPEG-2 and DVD Fab has no problems with ripping copying those files, however the HD channels broadcast the sound in Dolby Digital 2, this is where DVD Fab DVD Recorder ripper/copy has the problems.
          When "ripping or copying" a title there is an option to CONVERT AUDIO TO AC3 however this does not function, it is there along with 3 other options however those boxes cannot be ticked.
          The video side of things is fine, it's the audio track causing the problems. if there was an option to "convert audio to MPEG-2" things would be fine.

Comment

Please send us an iso copy of the source that you will have video but no audio, and attach the log file for the conversion process, we will check, thank you.

Comment

Greetings, I notice there is Dolby Digital 2 audio within the file which does work on players such as Cyberlink PowerDVD/Bluray, however the file cannot be imported with Dolby digital in Sony Vegas editing software, I have found out this is because editing software doesn't allow importing Dolby Digital audio. Thanks anyway. Regards Nic.

Comment

The Panasonic recorders update their encryption regularly now it seems only standard definition recordings can be lifted from their Blu-ray players using DVD Fab the Panasonic encryption is always one step ahead of DVD Fab.
                Importing in the converted mode DR---> HQ is no problem however leaving the recordings in their original state as a DR file the DVD Fab software simply "hangs" when trying to decrypt it...Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	721
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	395644

Comment

Working...
                X