Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BD to BD9 & BD5 issues I can't figure out...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD to BD9 & BD5 issues I can't figure out...

I have been using the software for several years now and have always figured a way to do what I want. However, with BD I am having some issues that I would like to get some expert help on if possible.

This is what is happening,

I do a full disk backup of my BD movie to ISO. This has worked perfect all the time so far.

I have converted the full backups to Main movie with the sound tracks of my choice to BD25 ISO and that has worked flawless every time with all the movies that I have.

Here is where I have failed every time,

BD main movie to BD9 1080 (from either full back up or BD25 ISO)
    Backing up to ISO (fails every time) where backing up to a folder works every time.
    The same is true for converting to BD9 720 & to BD5.

Is this how it is supposed to work? ISO's work much cleaner and are more refined in the way they can be played with either Power DVD9 or TMT3. The folder option play back is funky at best, I lose the ability to change chapters or jump forward. The sound does but video does not.

I am using win 7 64 bit.
    Intel Core i7 920, 3.2 GHz
    12 GB memory,
    1GB NVIDIA GeForce GTS 240
    Image burn,
    Daemon tools lite.

And finally if you wonder why I want to convert some of my BD's to smaller files than BD25, it would be that not all my BD's are worth affording 25GB or more of space to, also, some of the BD movies when reduced to BD9 1080 (in the folder option) are as good to me as the original so there is no need to use the larger file.

best regards,
    and many thanks for any tips you can provide.

David

Originally posted by morcosd View Post
    I have converted the full backups to Main movie with the sound tracks of my choice to BD25 ISO and that has worked flawless every time with all the movies that I have.

Here is where I have failed every time,

BD main movie to BD9 1080 (from either full back up or BD25 ISO)
    Backing up to ISO (fails every time) where backing up to a folder works every time.
    The same is true for converting to BD9 720 & to BD5.
    Need more details as to what happens exactly, does it create the iso but it won't play, A/V sync issues? Or just simply will not create the iso? If not can you use ImgBurn as a stand alone using the backup folder that works everytime?

Is this how it is supposed to work? ISO's work much cleaner and are more refined in the way they can be played with either Power DVD9 or TMT3. The folder option play back is funky at best, I lose the ability to change chapters or jump forward. The sound does but video does not.
    Generally iso is better in the sense that some users don't understand what folder to select for playback with TMT3 (PowerDVD stopped support for playback from folder adding to the confusion) so they end up playing the m2ts file directly and that is not the way to do it at all. Sounds like the pickle you're in. (you select the main fiolder named your movie, it should have a BDMV and Certificate folder inside)

I am using win 7 64 bit.
    Intel Core i7 920, 3.2 GHz
    12 GB memory,
    1GB NVIDIA GeForce GTS 240
    Image burn,
    Daemon tools lite.

And finally if you wonder why I want to convert some of my BD's to smaller files than BD25, it would be that not all my BD's are worth affording 25GB or more of space to, also, some of the BD movies when reduced to BD9 1080 (in the folder option) are as good to me as the original so there is no need to use the larger file.

best regards,
    and many thanks for any tips you can provide.

David
    It's also a good option to use if you have small kids or older kids who just don't care.

Comment

Blu-Ray support in version 6 of DVDFab is quite old now (in Blu-Ray terms). Try the latest beta and see if your problem (that you did not really describe) goes away.

Comment

Originally posted by W&B View Post
        Need more details as to what happens exactly, does it create the iso but it won't play, A/V sync issues? Or just simply will not create the iso? If not can you use ImgBurn as a stand alone using the backup folder that works everytime?
        I can sum up my issues by saying that everything in Blu Ray works with the exception of converting to BD9 & BD5 in ISO format.

I will use the ISO from full disk and or the uncompressed ISO from main movie folder for the source. When choosing either to a BD9 or 5 at any resolution to an ISO the file is produced at the correct size it appears but is not playable. When the above procedure is carried out to a folder output the result is playable on all the players.

When I say the resultant BD9/5 ISO is not playable I mean I can mount with Daemon Tools then I will be prompted to select the player, player will start loading and suddenly I get an error message saying cannot play ISO or something similar.

I have even tried to open the ISO files with ISO software like Magic ISO and it will tell me it cannot open the file.

Note, this is not an occasional occurrence. This is true for all the BD9/5 produced from any Blu ray movie I have. None are playable. The folders on the other hand are all playable. This just does not make sense at all and I do like using ISO files since I can mount to ROM which seems to work smoother for me.

best regards and thanks for your reply.

Comment

As a test, use DVDFab to create the folder version of BD9/5 and then use ImgBurn to create an ISO.

Comment

Originally posted by Complication View Post
            As a test, use DVDFab to create the folder version of BD9/5 and then use ImgBurn to create an ISO.
            I have just tried with 2 different folders to ISO. What I get when mounting and trying to play with either TMT3 & Power DVD9 is "This disk cannot be played" even though the .m2ts files and the movie folders are perfectly playable.

I will be installing the v.7 beta and hopefully that will fix the issue. Will keep you posted.

Comment

morcosd
              I will suggest you to do one thing. It will take a few minutes but worth to try. First of all, download and install tsMuxerGUI (it's free), then pull M2TS file out of STREAM folder in your BD set and drop it into tsMuxerGUI. In tsMuxerGUI check Blu-Ray option and re-mux the entire BD. When it's done, use ImgBurn to wrap the new BD folder in ISO and try. I will give you 99.9% it will work. Sometimes, for whatever reason, problem not with the actual M2TS file, but with surroundings.
              sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
              For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

I have downloaded the beta 7.0.1.2. and converted the main movie ISO file to a BD9 1080 ISO. The result is the same, I get the error message, "this disk cannot be played".

IPopov50, thanks for your reply. I will download and try later this evening.

I would like to add that the conversion I just did took 13min less than with v.6. In addition, less memory was used 3.6 GB vs. 5.4GB and only 56% of the cpu was utilized vs. 98% in v.6. Seems like v.7 is making some great progress in many ways that I care about. Great work guys.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
                  morcosd
                  I will suggest you to do one thing. It will take a few minutes but worth to try. First of all, download and install tsMuxerGUI (it's free), then pull M2TS file out of STREAM folder in your BD set and drop it into tsMuxerGUI. In tsMuxerGUI check Blu-Ray option and re-mux the entire BD. When it's done, use ImgBurn to wrap the new BD folder in ISO and try. I will give you 99.9% it will work. Sometimes, for whatever reason, problem not with the actual M2TS file, but with surroundings.
                  I have tried without success. I believe it is something I am doing or not doing. Could you please elaborate on the steps to take with tsMuxxer?

Comment

Originally posted by morcosd View Post
                    I have tried without success. I believe it is something I am doing or not doing. Could you please elaborate on the steps to take with tsMuxxer?
                    Please don't. This is not a tsMuxer forum. You will need to go elsewhere for that information.

Comment

Working...
                    X