AVATAR THE WAY OF WATER encoding error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AVATAR THE WAY OF WATER encoding error

When trying to convert the blu-ray of AVATAR THE WAY OF WATER to BD25 in movie-only mode, after a short while the process is terminated with an error.
    I've attached all logs to this message.

Please double-click the .exe file (under the installation path C:/Program Files/DVDFab/DVDFab 12/fabcore.exe) to see if there is a pop-up box, if there is one, please specify the error and send it to us.

Or please reinstall the software to try again, as it may be that this exe was deleted or blocked by the antivirus software or firewall. ​

Comment

Executing FabCore.exe results in the following message (see attachment).

I downloaded DVDFab Blu-ray Copy, installed it again (as the error message suggested) and then executed FabCore.exe again to see if the issue was resolved.

But it didn't. I got the same error again.

I'm running DVDFab Blu-ray Copy on Windows 11 ARM (version 22H2) inside Parallels (version 18.3.1. [53614]) on my MacBook Pro M1.

DVDFab has been working fine until recently. Not sure if the issue is caused by the recent update of DVDFab to its newest version or by the latest Windows 11 update.
      Attached Files

Comment

Please let me know if anyone at DVDFab is looking into this issue.

When trying to convert another BD-50 to BD-25 as movie only and 'shrinking' the video stream to about75 % of it's original sie I got the same error message.

DVDFab is now useless for me.

Please respond.

Comment

Originally posted by vtpeters View Post
          Please let me know if anyone at DVDFab is looking into this issue.

When trying to convert another BD-50 to BD-25 as movie only and 'shrinking' the video stream to about75 % of it's original sie I got the same error message.

DVDFab is now useless for me.

Please respond.
          try going into common settings - av-codec - switch everything to software - restart dvdfab and retry converting your
          movie again and see if it still fails.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

try going into common settings - av-codec - switch everything to software - restart dvdfab and retrloopy converting your
            movie again and see if it still fails.
            Hardware accelleration was already not activated.

But I found a solution...

Before going the virtual machine route I had DVDFab running on my Mac using Codeweavers CrossOver. But because I also use other software for which I couldn't find an alternative for Mac I decided to run Windows 11 in Parallels.

i installed the latest version of DVDFab in CrossOver and the conversion/compression of the movie to BD25 went without a hitch.

So the problem might have been the ARM version of Windows or the x64 version of DVDFab running on it.

But, as stated, the issue is resolved. I will stick with using CrossOver when running DVDFab on my Mac.

I know thknows also a Mac version, but it's re-encoding results are inferior to those of the Windows version.

Comment

Please completely remove the current version, and then download the offline version at https://www.dvdfab.cn/mlink/download...Fab12_x64_FULL to try it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

Please completely remove the current version, and then download the offline version at https://www.dvdfab.cn/mlink/download...Fab12_x64_FULL to try it again.
                I currently don't have my computer with.

I will return in the second half of next week and will try your solution suggestion.

Thanks.

Comment

I've removed DVDFab form my Windows 11 ARM installation and also deleted some DVDFab folders in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local, C:\Users\<username>\AppData\LocalLow and C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming if present. I also used Registry Editor to remove any reference to DVDFab.

Then I downloaded to latest DVDFab version using the link previously provided in this thread.

But now DVDFab won't start at all.
                  Also, starting fabcore.exe, as mentioned earlier in this thread, only briefly shows a black, blank popup window that closes as soon as it is opened, too swiftly to be able to read any information that may or may not have been displayed in it.

Comment

I've removed DVDFab form my Windows 11 ARM installation and also deleted some DVDFab folders in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local, C:\Users\<username>\AppData\LocalLow and C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming if present. I also used Registry Editor to remove any reference to DVDFab.

Then I downloaded to latest DVDFab version using the link previously provided in this thread.

But now DVDFab won't start at all.
                    Also, starting fabcore.exe, as mentioned earlier in this thread, only briefly shows a black, blank popup window that closes as soon as it is opened, too swiftly to be able to read any information that may or may not have been displayed in it.
                    Hello, I have double-checked with the developers, our software is intel architecture based, it doesn't compatible with Windows 11 ARM, so I am afraid that we do not have advice or a solution in this case.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

Hello, I have double-checked with the developers, our software is intel architecture based, it doesn't compatible with Windows 11 ARM, so I am afraid that we do not have advice or a solution in this case.
                      I know there's a difference between Intel and ARM architecture. But other x64 software I've installed on Windows 11 ARM (running inside Parallels Desktop 18) are working fine without issues. So there must be a reason why DVDFab refuses to run after I've completely removed it and re-installed it again.

I may try to see if a x64 version of Windows 10 or 11 will work when installed and run inside Parallels Desktop 18. But for now I can work with DVDFab 12 x64 when running it using Codeweaver's CrossOver.

Comment

I know there's a difference between Intel and ARM architecture. But other x64 software I've installed on Windows 11 ARM (running inside Parallels Desktop 18) are working fine without issues. So there must be a reason why DVDFab refuses to run after I've completely removed it and re-installed it again.

I may try to see if a x64 version of Windows 10 or 11 will work when installed and run inside Parallels Desktop 18. But for now I can work with DVDFab 12 x64 when running it using Codeweaver's CrossOver.
                        I just found out that Parallels Desktop 18 on my MacBook Pro M1 does not accept a 64x Windows version to be installed. It has to be an ARM version of Windows.

So the only question that remains to be answered is, why several other x64 programs work well on Windows 11 ARM and DVDFab does not.

Comment

I just found out that Parallels Desktop 18 on my MacBook Pro M1 does not accept a 64x Windows version to be installed. It has to be an ARM version of Windows.

So the only question that remains to be answered is, why several other x64 programs work well on Windows 11 ARM and DVDFab does not.
                          have you tried an older version of dvdfab x64 ??

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

have you tried an older version of dvdfab x64 ??
                            No, not yet. I was hoping to use al it's latest features and bug fixes.

Where can I get/download an older version of DVDFab?

Comment

No, not yet. I was hoping to use al it's latest features and bug fixes.

Where can I get/download an older version of DVDFab?
                              older versions can be found in the member center.

Comment

Working...
                              X