This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dvdfabuser View Post
    jmax8138: I do not want a bunch of little pieces. I was wanting one file. When I play multiple pieces on my popcorn hour it is not seamless. The question still stands. Is dvdfab going to support merging m2ts files together into one file or do I need to download/purchase a separate product to do this?
    DVDFab Blu-Ray to Mobile has an MKV remux option that is probably what you are looking for. Make sure to check the box to remove HD audio. You will have to check the NMT forums if you have trouble playing back DTS audio.

Comment

jmax8138: I do not want a bunch of little pieces. I was wanting one file. When I play multiple pieces on my popcorn hour it is not seamless. The question still stands. Is dvdfab going to support merging m2ts files together into one file or do I need to download/purchase a separate product to do this?
      This is a good question that I too am interested in the developer's response.
      If you want the raw .m2ts file format, then you can join them using tsmuxer (I think I can say that here, but am sure I will be corrected if I'm wrong) to join them in the order that they are generated; that is, don't join them by their file naming scheme, but the file date/time stamp so the pieces are in order. This will give you one large .m2ts file that is uncompressed. This is how I have been backing up my BR's.
      The other options recommended will be in a compressed format (ie., mkv) and I personally have yet to have a good result with the new BR to mobile features. I either get juttering and/or a/v sync issues; not to mention a lot of time cpu processing.

AMD Phenom II X4 3.2Ghz | Radeon HD 4670 | Win7 Pro x64 | 8 GB | Synology DS211j 5TB | Wired GbE | 2x WDTV Live + |

Comment

Originally posted by tjkaz View Post
        This is a good question that I too am interested in the developer's response.
        If you want the raw .m2ts file format, then you can join them using tsmuxer (I think I can say that here, but am sure I will be corrected if I'm wrong) to join them in the order that they are generated; that is, don't join them by their file naming scheme, but the file date/time stamp so the pieces are in order. This will give you one large .m2ts file that is uncompressed. This is how I have been backing up my BR's.
        I hadn't thought of that, good idea.

Originally posted by tjkaz View Post
        The other options recommended will be in a compressed format (ie., mkv) and I personally have yet to have a good result with the new BR to mobile features. I either get juttering and/or a/v sync issues; not to mention a lot of time cpu processing.
        Incorrect, the MKV remux is not compressed. It takes the original video and audio stream just like VOB Passthrough does for DVD. You do have to own the Blu-Ray to Mobile module however.

Comment

file merging costs more money?

Am I understanding this correct? If I want one m2ts blu-ray file I need to buy a new blu-ray program from dvdfab and create a mkv file instead.

I thought I was buying an encompassing solution when I bought the non-expiring license for blu-ray to blu-ray. There was no blu-ray to mobile option at that time. I feel like I am paying for the development effort to support blu-ray disks twice.

And... I tried tsmuxer on ponyo. That did not work. I am sure I can spend a whole weekend fighting with it in a variety of programs / settings but that is why I buy 'easy' software like dvdfab so I don't have to be a blu-ray file format expert.

I just want to put the disk in and get one m2ts file out. It looks like all new blu-rays are creating multiple m2ts files (astro boy being the latest, which is not disney) and so I have a pile of blu-rays on the shelf that I can't put on the server.

Comment

The "XXX to Mobile" modules have always been separate modules for years. Ask any of the "DVD to Mobile" users on this forum so I do not see why you assumed this incorrectly.

"Blu-Ray to Blu-Ray" is just that and the multiple MT2S files are how the studios author the title and is not a shortcoming of Fab.

If you want to end up with one resultant MKV file, you will need the "Blu-Ray to Mobile" module.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

blu-ray to blu-ray used to merge files

OK, here is the deal. I just went back to watchmen blu-ray to re-rip it to make sure I wasn't crazy.

blu-ray "movie only" used to merge files into one m2ts file. It has stopped doing this. As far as I'm concerned this is a bait and switch. It is now dropping individual files in the stream folder.

Exactly when was this switch made? I think anyone who bought the blu-ray version of dvdfab prior to splitting the functionality should get the license for the blu-ray to mobile. That is how it worked with the original dvdfab when they split it out and it should apply to the blu-ray product as well.

I guess I will contact Fengtao directly about this. I really love this product but I feel like they are coming back to their existing customer base for more money on functionality that was originally included in the product.

Comment

(To my knowledge) DVDFab's movie only option never merged m2ts files, it keeps the disc structure the same as the original. Some movies will have multiple files and some have only one, it's however the disc was authored.
                Last edited by W&B; 04-11-2010, 04:04 PM. Reason: (Edit)

Comment

W&B is totally correct. Fab has never combined the files. You get the files exactly how the disk was authored.

If you don't believe us, have a look at the structure on the original disk.
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I also would like to add that you need Blu-ray to Blu-ray in order for Blu-ray to mobile to work. So what I am trying to say you need to buy both Blu-ray to Blu-ray and Blu-ray to Mobile if you want to use Blu-ray to mobile. It tells you this on the website purchase page before you purchased the mobile part

Comment

I have verified that dvdfab blu-ray used to merge m2ts files

I understand that some disks are mastered with many files for a movie and some with only one, but the older versions of blu-ray dvdfab used to merge m2ts files.

Before you raise your eyes in incredulity again, I spent tonight off-and-on validating it.

Lets return to "watchmen director's cut" because I remember it as a disk that dvdfab merged many mt2s files into 1 file.

I have 1 file for watchmen on my server. It is 30.7 GB (33,060,126,720 bytes). This file came from dvdfab on 7/24/2009. I have never merged m2ts files through any utility. This particular movie sticks out in my mind because the merge was not perfect. There were slight skips between merged segments.

Using the latest version of blu-ray to blu-ray dvdfab (7.0.3.0) I ripped "watchmen director's cut" two ways:
                      1. full disc
                      > STREAM contains 296 files ranging from 390K to 5.6GB
                      2. main movie
                      > STREAM contains 25 files ranging from 498k to 5.2GB for a total of 30.8 GB (33,102,594,048 bytes)

both ways did not create a 30.7 GB file. They created a bunch of smaller files. I expect this of the full disc but I do not expect this of the main movie.

Because I am a glutton for punishment and to prove that I am not making this up, I uninstalled dvdfab and reinstalled the version I had on 7/24/2009: DVDFab6022.exe. Unfortunately this version won't work now. It scans the disk but displays nothing. That is aggravating, but that is a different issue and may be related to an incomplete un-install. I then installed DVDFab6036Beta_avangate-689.exe. That also would not fully work. It would scan the blu-ray and then show nothing.

Aside: Are versions of this software being disabled remotely or contain time limits? please say no...

Anyway. I then installed DVDFab6060.exe (from 9/14/2009). That one worked.

When I ripped watchmen using the main movie option it created 1 file:
                      00001.m2ts. size = 31.4 GB (33,775,878,144 bytes)

I can tell it is merging because the amount of effort went from 50 minutes with the latest version to 2.5 hours with the older version. It is doing work to merge them.

I am not crazy here folks. dvd fab blu-ray has been altered to no longer merge m2ts files. I don't know when this happened but it has happened. If you do not believe me you can install DVDFab6060.exe, rip the main movie of watchmen directors cut and see the results.

I am really surprised other people have not complained about this. I know people use dvdfab to backup blurays onto disks but I figured the majority of people were putting the files onto a fileserver. Many files for one movie is not practical and does not play well with a popcorn hour.

The point of this discussion is this:
                      1. dvdfab blu-ray used to do this
                      2. this feature has been moved to blu-ray mobile
                      3. users that originally bought the blu-ray version before "blu-ray to mobile" existed must spend more money on something they used to have built in

I don't care about converting my blu-ray movie to other formats or wrapping it in a matroska container. I just want 1 m2ts file. I really don't think I'm asking for too much here. Currently, the only way to get this is with blu-ray to mobile option and from what I've heard I get it within an mkv container which is not really what I want.

When dvdfab was originally split into parts (dvd copy, dvd mobile, etc), users who owned it prior to the split got both the dvd and the mobile option. I would argue that this same logic applies to the blu-ray product. I do not want anything more than I originally paid for, which included the ability to create 1 m2ts file. This is the dvd equivalent of creating 1 vob which is what I do with dvds.

Comment

Actually when DVDFab moved into the options they gave the DVDFab Gold key holders the DVD to DVD option as that what it was. The DVDFab Platinum holders got both DVD to DVD and DVD to Mobile as that is what DVDFab Platinum gave them. Now the Blu-ray to Blu-ray option only gave the Blu-ray to Blu-ray option and did not include the Blu-ray to Mobile option so no you do not get that option for FREE

Check the original Blu-ray on your computer like already mentioned and see if the Blu-ray has one file or multiple files on it. I am sure it has multiple files and that DVDFab Blu-ray to Blu-ray option merging them was a bug that they noticed and fixed

Comment

blu-ray to mobile is relatively new

The original blu-ray on my system is one file.

I looked at my original purchase. I did buy DVDFab "Blu-ray to Blu-ray" (Lifetime). Well damn it. I guess I get to spend another $40. Please let this be the last time I have to do this. Can someone tell me when "blu-ray to mobile" became available? Has this really always been an option?
                          Last edited by dvdfabuser; 04-11-2010, 01:58 PM.

Comment

But wait...

If I look at dvdfab's release history, there is no mention of "blu-ray to mobile".

Let me see if I understand this right. Correct me if I'm wrong

1. originally only offer blu-ray to blu-ray.
                            2. add new "blu-ray to mobile" ability with version 7
                            3. remove merging from blu-ray to blu-ray
                            4. tell people they need to buy an add-on for blu-ray to blu-ray because it was never intended to be blu-ray to mobile.

Exactly what was I suppose to buy in release 6 to do this then?

I am a paying customer for this product. I want the developers to get their fair payment for this product because I like it. I just think calling 'merging 1 m2ts' a bug because blu-ray to mobile provides it is bogus since it used to do it when there was no blu-ray to mobile version.
                            Last edited by dvdfabuser; 04-11-2010, 02:29 PM.

Comment

I just think calling 'merging 1 m2ts' a bug because blu-ray to mobile provides it is bogus since it used to do it when there was no blu-ray to mobile version.
                              Before you buy you should know that Blu-Ray to Mobile does not (currently?) output M2TS. Instead it has an option called MKV remux.

I believe the merge "feature" in Blu-Ray to Blu-Ray V6 was removed because it was causing too many problems (one of which you mentioned). Blu-Ray to Mobile has always been in the plans and was one of the most requested items here before it was released with V7.

I personally agree that it would be nice to have an option in both DVD to DVD and Blu-Ray to Blu-Ray that makes a single VOB/M2TS in the output structure. The old DVD Shrink had this option and I miss it. Since DVDFab has disabled the ability to rip Blu-Ray to Blu-Ray from one hard drive folder to another at BD50 quality, I'm lead to believe that this is not a feature that is going to happen. Even if it was added, most users aren't going to want to go find the file and rename it appropriately (especially on episode discs) so having a remux option in X to Mobile is a good idea.

The bottom line is that Blu-Ray to Blu-Ray has only ever been created and advertised to allow BD backup. The single requirement then is that the backup be compatible with the BD spec. The fact that you delved under the covers, saw what an early version of DVDFab was doing with multi-M2TS titles, and then assumed that this was a feature you could depend on is, unfortunately, your own mistake.

Comment

I own a PCH and merging the files to a MKV does not work, I tried many times, will not play, this is with the movie Death Race. Why doesn't blu-ray to mobile, create a single output M2TS???? M2TS works, why is it not an option to take multiple M2TS files in the movie and merge them into 1. I have tried MP4 and that works, but takes hours to do. HELP..............

Comment

Working...
                                X