Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Based on the prior comment, I am guessing I am not alone in wanting 1 m2ts file.

Today, dvdfab's "dvd to mobile" allows me to create 1 vob. This is synonymous with creating 1 m2ts file and it works like a champ for everything. I have had no issues with any dvd I've thrown at it. That is what dvd-decryptor used to do until the movie industry squashed it and the only reason I bought dvdfab.

Since I fooled myself into thinking this 'bug' was a 'feature', I am willing to pay another $40 for blu-ray to mobile if the roadmap is to create 1 m2ts file. I understand it is difficult to merge m2ts files, but that is what we are paying blu-ray experts to achieve. Is it not?

blu-ray disks are going to become more and more complex just as dvd disks have. To say dvdfab isn't going to support 1 m2ts file feels like a cop-out. Of course I am unsure the development staff of dvdfab are represented in this forum so it is unclear if dvdfab -> mobile is intended to create 1 m2ts file in the long run.

What I don't want to do is buy blu-ray to mobile and then 6 months later they come out with blu-ray to 1m2ts and say "you obviously didn't read the fine print because we never said we'd do that".

In the meantime I am building a pile of blu-rays that are collecting dust on the shelf because they are useless with my popcorn hour.
    Last edited by dvdfabuser; 04-11-2010, 03:41 PM.

Comment

In light of Complication's post #29 I'm going to edit my original reply. I was completely unaware of this but do stand by his post about Fab's Bluray to Bluray feature was never advertised to do nothing more but create a backup disc.

Comment

ok now if I understand this correctly the blueray to blueray is supposed to make a single file ?

opsss! never mind I somehow skipped a page in the forum sorry!
        Last edited by Dom60; 04-11-2010, 04:51 PM. Reason: missed forum page

Comment

Originally posted by Dom60 View Post
          ok now if I understand this correctly the blueray to blueray is supposed to make a single file ?

opsss! never mind I somehow skipped a page in the forum sorry!
          No, Bluray to Bluray is supposed to make a backup disc.
          Last edited by W&B; 04-11-2010, 05:09 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by dvdfabuser View Post
            What I don't want to do is buy blu-ray to mobile and then 6 months later they come out with blu-ray to 1m2ts and say "you obviously didn't read the fine print because we never said we'd do that".
            There has been no indication from DVDFab whether or not M2TS output in Blu-Ray to Mobile will be supported. You might try emailing support for more information.

Comment

Summarization of what we have learned

Let me summarize everything we've learned.

1. older versions of blu-ray to blu-ray merge m2ts files into 1 file. I have verified this. Call it a bug or feature but it does it. The earliest version I know that still works is DVDFab6060.exe. If you are a user looking for 1 m2ts file I suggest you rollback to that version. I am trying it on astroboy right now and it is working as expected. This is obviously not a future proof solution since blu-ray protection will continue to improve and you will be forced to install later versions but this is still working on most new stuff.

2. No current version of dvdfab bluray software will produce 1 m2ts file. The blu-ray to mobile software can create 1 mkv file but it sounds like it is not compatable with popcorn hour players. I have not confirmed this but I am not going to buy software that reencodes the source video or produces a file that is not compatible with my video player.

3. No statement about merging m2ts files has been made by Fengtao. We will have to wait and see if one of 3 things happens:
              a. they will include support in the future for blu-ray to mobile
              b. they will create a separate product to support it
              c. they will not support it (I hope this is not the case)

I am not advocating people avoid purchasing blu-ray to mobile. I am only trying to help people like myself who use a popcorn hour to play blu-ray rips. If blu-ray to mobile supported creating 1 m2ts I would solely recommend buying that product. Since it does not, the only work around is falling back to DVDFab6060.exe.

Comment

Where can I find a copy of DVDFab6060.exe to try?........

Comment

Let me summarize everything we've learned.

3. No statement about merging m2ts files has been made by Fengtao. We will have to wait and see if one of 3 things happens:
                  a. they will include support in the future for blu-ray to mobile
                  b. they will create a separate product to support it
                  c. they will not support it (I hope this is not the case)

I am not advocating people avoid purchasing blu-ray to mobile. I am only trying to help people like myself who use a popcorn hour to play blu-ray rips. If blu-ray to mobile supported creating 1 m2ts I would solely recommend buying that product. Since it does not, the only work around is falling back to DVDFab6060.exe.
                  I own all other modules and won't purchase BR to mobile until it produces 1 M2TS file. In the interim, i'll continue to use tsmuxer to join them and other tools to make the m2ts file ps3 compatible. Unfortunately, my method for ps3 m2ts compatible file does not work with movies encoded with vc-1 codecs because the stupid ps3 (SONY!) doesn't support vc-1 (with > 2ch audio) nor mkv!

Question for the Devs: If DVDFab can make one mkv from a BR main movie, then why can't it make one m2ts?

Thanks, and I haven't given up hope yet.

AMD Phenom II X4 3.2Ghz | Radeon HD 4670 | Win7 Pro x64 | 8 GB | Synology DS211j 5TB | Wired GbE | 2x WDTV Live + |

Comment

The blu-ray to mobile software can create 1 mkv file but it sounds like it is not compatable with popcorn hour players.
                    I am only trying to help people like myself who use a popcorn hour to play blu-ray rips.
                    As covered in B-Mod's thread, this is a PCH limitation rather than a DVDFab problem. At times a Blu-Ray video stream can spike to a very high bitrate and either the network, USB, drive, or PCH itself may choke on it. DVDFab is not changing the video stream, just repackaging it into a file compliant with the MKV specification.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Mod View Post
                      Where can I find a copy of DVDFab6060.exe to try?........
                      Anyone????

Comment

Try here http://www.oldapps.com/dvdfab.php
                        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

PCH & matroska

I have not created an mkv via dvdfab so I can not verify if it works or not with it. I am sure the mkv file works with some players but I use the PCH so that is the player of interest to me. I prefer the raw format and tend to agree with the statement that if dvdfab is producing an mkv it should be able to produce an m2ts. Maybe I'm missing something and the mkv format brings something to the table that smoothes out the m2ts merged segments.
                          Last edited by dvdfabuser; 04-11-2010, 11:31 PM.

Comment

B-Mod started a thread requesting that Bluray to Mobile should also have the option to create a single m2ts file here, add a vote if you want and I'm sure Fengtao will take it into consideration.
                            This thread is five pages long and pointless since the Bluray to Bluray option is only intended to create a backup disc, it is now closed.

Comment

Working...
                            X