This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Blu-Ray Disc" drop down greyed out ?

For some reason the choice drop down for Blu-Ray is greyed out. I want to do Blu-Ray 25gb to BD9 but it wont give me any other choice other than BD25 to BD25 as it is not clickable, it just shows "Blu-Ray Disc". I am trying to shrink down a blu-ray I created in other software onto a DVD9.

I think I have tried everything, but maybe I am missing something simple ?

Any advice, thanks.

Originally posted by BlizzardUK View Post
    For some reason the choice drop down for Blu-Ray is greyed out. I want to do Blu-Ray 25gb to BD9 but it wont give me any other choice other than BD25 to BD25 as it is not clickable, it just shows "Blu-Ray Disc". I am trying to shrink down a blu-ray I created in other software onto a DVD9.

I think I have tried everything, but maybe I am missing something simple ?

Any advice, thanks.
    Hi BlizzardUK,
    Are you working with a paid subscription ?

Comment

Nope, literally just downloaded the trial after seeing it on CDFreaks, but on the download page it says "fully functional for 30 days" so I presumed everything would be working ?

EDIT : Just noticed a link for another newer version under the main download link. Maybe I have downloaded an older version ? I will install the beta now.
      Last edited by BlizzardUK; 10-07-2009, 03:26 PM.

Comment

What I have noticed on the beta I just downloaded is that it allows me to encode the main movie to BD9 but not the whole disc ? Is there an option to convert the entire blu-ray to BD9 inc menus and extras ? As otherwise surely "Full Disc" is just identical to the clone mode. Is it because I am using the trial ?
        Last edited by BlizzardUK; 10-07-2009, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BlizzardUK View Post
          What I have noticed on the beta I just downloaded is that it allows me to encode the main movie to BD9 but not the whole disc ? Is there an option to convert the entire blu-ray to BD9 inc menus and extras ? As otherwise surely "Full Disc" is just identical to the clone mode. Is it because I am using the trial ?
          I am not really sure BlizzardUK, I am going to pass this one off to one of the Mods.

Comment

Main Movie is supported only for now. its in the change log for version 6100

Comment

Originally posted by Wild and Blue View Post
              Main Movie is supported only for now. its in the change log for version 6100
              Ah right, okay, I see, I went to the change log and just saw this........

New: Added "compress BD-50 to single BD-25, BD-9 or BD-5" feature. For now only "Main Movie" mode is supported, "Full Disc" mode will be supported later.

So I guess it is just a matter of waiting ? One other thing is that my own created blu-rays are 1080i. Is there a converting option for this in the pipeline ? As surely converting my "i" original in to "p" would add wasted bandwidth disc space that isn't there to start with ? I guess I am probably the only person converting home made blu-rays though.

Comment

yep, pull up a chair and wait lol. as for the other question I have no idea to be honest and I'll leave that one for someone else.

Comment

If they do manage to get the BD25/50 to BD9 full disc feature working then I will be sure to buy the software.

Comment

I already purchased a lifetime sub back when the Blu-ray option was 1st introduced and am mainly interested in the full disc backup and compression to BD25 but missed a post or changelog somewhere along the line about the added BD9 and BD5 feature. So thats a added bonus, when everything gets smoothed out.

Comment

Working...
                    X