X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can not rip to large file(s) in XP OS

??

In Vista or Win7 no issues ripping BD. In WinXP I can not rip from BD to BD9 or BD5 to save my life!!

I tried SweenyTodd BD to BD9 1080p and all I got was all the proper file structures and directory's but the 0000.m2ts file was only 650k..

Can there be a fix?

And please do not ask me to screw up my machine by updating to SP3!
    Last edited by sasaurus; 03-28-2010, 08:38 AM.

Are any of your partitions formatted as FAT32 instead of NTFS? Specifically were your temporary and/or My Documents are stored?
    Last edited by Complication; 03-28-2010, 04:13 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

NTFS Partitions
      The standard default url for the temp and stored file movie directory.

I just changed the default directories to C:\dvdfab\temp & C:\dvdfab\ .
      So we will see what happens.

Originally posted by Complication View Post
      Are any of your partitions formatted as FAT32 instead of NTFS? Specifically where your temporary and/or My Documents are stored?

Comment

Update..

Had to switch OS to Win7 in order to burn BR. No matter what I did nothing worked to increase the .m2ts file over 650k.

On another note... I have to turn down my contrast 2 steps in order to watch the rip properly.. otherwise it is washed out BIG TIME!

I have not changed any settings from default. Anyone have a clue????

Maybe I bought the wrong ripping software? I mean damn they look like ****! this bright.
        Last edited by W&B; 03-29-2010, 01:07 AM. Reason: Removed Profanity

Comment

Do watch the langauge here, this is a G-rated forum.

Have you tried playing the original disc and if so any difference? How exactly are you playing the backup?

Comment

could be the monitor on the computer or could be the graphics card but need more details before can actually help with this. Read the Help Us Help you below and post the info that is mentioned in your next post reply

Help Us Help You

If you are posting about an operational problem with one of the DVDFab products, you will improve the speed and accuracy of the response by providing some information in the very first post that will probably be needed.

First, make note of any error codes or messages that appear in popup boxes and put them in your post. Information on error codes that appear in the DVDFab UI are captured in one of the logs we request below.

DVDFab keeps logs of its activities that supply basic system information and can help pinpoint where and when an error happened and help pinpoint the cause. The default location for these logs on most Windows systems is:

C:\Documents and Settings\your username\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

The logs are simple text files that can be opened with Windows Notepad. If the size exceeds the forum’s attachment size limit, you may need to delete older entries or copy and paste the relevant ones into a new file.

dvdfab_internal.log Attach for all problems. Time stamped, most recent at the bottom. Please edit to include only the most recent or relevant log session.

dvdfab_burn_vso.log Attach for all problems. The entries are time stamped with the most recent at the top.

dvdfab_burn_imgburn.log Attach if you have ImgBurn set as the burning engine and the problem concerns disc burning. Time stamped with the most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_process.log Attach if DVDFab crashes and the crash report window does not come up or complete correctly or if internal error codes appear in the DVDFab window (“Task Failed…”). Time stamped, most recent at the bottom.

Other Information:

Depending on the nature of the problem, it can help to know:
            If this happens with all discs or just one
            Your operating system/CPU/memory configuration
            If you are using external hard drives or optical drives
            If you have made any recent changes to your OS or system hardware
            If you have other DVD or BD software installed, particularly if recently added.

Posts with all the requested information will be answered first.

Comment

Now to your questions...

The original disk is BD!!!!!! and smokes this burn.. how else would I know the difference?

The rip is being played on my PC, ACER OPLAY Media Player and a LG SUPER BD Player.

*The pc is a Intel i5 quad core, 4 gig ram, ATI 5800 HD Video Card with a SAMSUNG HD 22" Screen.

The issue is NOT my hardware is any shape or form. I hold lifetime memberships to 99% of the options and I have been using DVDFAB for years now.

I am getting no error codes. It rips fine... it is the end result.

Originally posted by W&B View Post
              Do watch the langauge here, this is a G-rated forum.

Have you tried playing the original disc and if so any difference? How exactly are you playing the backup?
              Last edited by AGJ; 03-29-2010, 02:46 AM. Reason: removed outburst

Comment

Next outburst like that towards a forum staff member or forum member will result in a temporary ban from posting on the forum.

Comment

How the world views your language is of no concern here, on this forum we will maintain some form of decency and I don't see how I was giving you grief over it.
                  It's simple as this, act like a child and you'll be treated as such.
                  Attack another staff or forum member and you will be banned. I would take action now but since I'm the target, I feel it makes me biased and I will not abuse my position here. Your original post was forwarded to the sites admin and further action may or may not be taken.
                  As for help from me, Fat chance now, get help from someone that will put up with your nonsense.
                  (I do thankyou for the grammar lesson but I never think much of typo's in any case.)

Comment

This reminds me of one of my favourite quotes from bash.org (slightly [redacted]):

<tatclass> YOU ALL SUCK D[%%%]
                    <tatclass> er.
                    <tatclass> hi.
                    <andy\code> A common typo.
                    <tatclass> the keys are like right next to each other.
                    It befuddles me how someone can get so bent out of shape over a simple rule violation. W&B did the minimum amount of change required to let your post stand and even tried to help you. Personally, I would have stuck the entire ending italicized portion.

Comment

I have also sent this upstairs....

You need to move forward in life and this thread needs to be closed.

Originally posted by W&B View Post
                      How the world views your language is of no concern here, on this forum we will maintain some form of decency and I don't see how I was giving you grief over it.
                      It's simple as this, act like a child and you'll be treated as such.
                      Attack another staff or forum member and you will be banned. I would take action now but since I'm the target, I feel it makes me biased and I will not abuse my position here. Your original post was forwarded to the sites admin and further action may or may not be taken.
                      As for help from me, Fat chance now, get help from someone that will put up with your nonsense.
                      (I do thankyou for the grammar lesson but I never think much of typo's in any case.)

Comment

Originally posted by sasaurus View Post
                        ...thread needs to be closed.
                        As requested.

Comment

And you have been suspended for 7 days as an attitude adjustment.

Comment

Working...
                          X