This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluray disc size not detected

I recently tried to burn a Bluray movie (For All Mankind) to a Bluray disc. I didn't realize that only BD50 discs were supported for Full Disc and put a BD25 disc in the drive after changing the default setting in Settings.

Obviously, the burn failed at ~50% because it ran out of disc. Unlike the DVD to DVD part of DVDFab, there was no attempt to detect that the proper disc size was in the drive.

Well for starters DVDFab does not compress Bluray to fit a BD25 disc. At the moment DVDFab only supports Main movie to BD25. If you want the full Bluray you will need to use a BD50 blank or find a movie that will fit a BD25 blank. As for not getting a message to say it was too large a file to fit the size of blank you can request for them to add it to DVDFab in the feature request section so that it not happen to someone else

Comment

I've done this on purpose before trying to reproduce error messages before and everytime it warned me, ejected the disc or would error out. Unless it's a new bug I'm not sure what's up.

Comment

W&B,
        Was it Fab that kicked out your disc during verification or was it IMG that kicked it out before the burn?
        AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @3960MHz
        4G Geil ddr2 1066 (5-5-5-15) @1120MHz
        ASUS M3N HT Deluxe Nvidia 780a chipset
        2 XFX 9800GT SLI driver 197.45
        LG WH08LS20 BD drive firmware updated
        Windows7 Professional x64

Comment

Fab because it never gets to the burn stage, I have noticed though just lately that after a successful rip to HDD that ImgBurn (after creating the iso) no longer ejects the disc and it is selected to do so. Fab is also selected (or the actual setting is unchecked) to eject after success, doesn't occur with DVD's, strange.

Comment

I tested with VSO and ImgBurn selected as the burn engine. (attached a pic) Win7 64X Ultimate using a rewritable 25GB blank and the source was a 42GB full disc rip.
            It ejects the disc and asks for double layer disc in my test.
            Attached Files

Comment

Cecrowder said he changed the default to BD25 would that possibly cause Fab to continue even though the file is too large? Since it did detect the default media?
              If you are talking BDs I did a BDDVD9 copy last night and when IMG was done with it, it auto ejected and Fab had the process complete box on screen when I went in to check.
              So this doesn't happen in your case even though this is your default setting?
              One mor thing W&B are you the guy from Australia? If so what do you think of your Gov. proposal for internet filtering?

Comment

Originally posted by Johan View Post
                Cecrowder said he changed the default to BD25 would that possibly cause Fab to continue even though the file is too large?Since it did detect the default media?
                It's possible, I did use the write data mode in this quick test but in past versions when I attempted to trick Fab it still ejected as it should and my defaults were BD25. I'll try the complete rip and burn process today sometime.

If you are talking BDs I did a BDDVD9 copy last night and when IMG was done with it, it auto ejected and Fab had the process complete box on screen when I went in to check.
                So this doesn't happen in your case even though this is your default setting?
                Correct, only diff is I used the BD25 setting but it will eject the DVD's I backup.

One mor thing W&B are you the guy from Australia? If so what do you think of your Gov. proposal for internet filtering?
                Nope not me, don't think this is the proper place for that duscussion either, GregiBoy is from there and you can pm him for that discussion if he wants to discuss it that is.

Comment

The auto eject thing is strange. I'm at work right now so no access to Fab or Img but it still sounds like some kind of setting.
                  As far as writing to the wrong disc size I have never had that happen to me, so to me it sounds like the OP has a manual setting somewhere that is overrididing FAB.
                  I do realize this isn't the place for that discussion, don't want to get off topic.
                  Just trying to get you "nameless clowns" straight. No offence intended. Can't believe the abuse some people will dish at you guys. Where would we be without your experience.
                  Thanks.
                  Maybe I'll try GregiBoy later.

Comment

Originally posted by Johan View Post
                    The auto eject thing is strange. I'm at work right now so no access to Fab or Img but it still sounds like some kind of setting.
                    As far as writing to the wrong disc size I have never had that happen to me, so to me it sounds like the OP has a manual setting somewhere that is overrididing FAB.
                    It's either that or media that's poorly supported by his drive maybe, just a guess on my part.

I do realize this isn't the place for that discussion, don't want to get off topic.
                    Just trying to get you "nameless clowns" straight. No offence intended. Can't believe the abuse some people will dish at you guys. Where would we be without your experience.
                    Thanks.
                    Maybe I'll try GregiBoy later.
                    "Nameless Clowns"
                    Being a mod isn't as fun as some think it would be at times, some just want to cause problems or seek attention I guess. (If only more members were like you and other contributing members, thanks for all the help btw...I have a feeling Greg will give you an earful on that subject LOL...ok back on topic).

Comment

Also if the OP had IMGBurn installed as default burner it wouldn't let the overburn proceed either.

Comment

I just finished testing this using full disc mode with version 7030 and a title that's about 42+GB. Fab seems to be working properly, when it finished the ripping process it spit out the original and asked for a blank so I put a 25GB BD-RE in and it wouldn't accept it and asked for a dual layer disc. Win7 64X Ultimate here.

Post your logs and the title you had the problem with. Also removed the thread in feature request.

Comment

Last night was the first time I used the BluRay to BluRay program.
                          I set it for Main Movie as I never look at the other stuff. It copied to an external disk fine. I then set it up to burn. I placed a BD25 disk in the burner. The program told me that I had a BD50 disk in the burner. I told it to go ahead and it worked fine. The entire movie was on the disk and played perfectly on my BluRay player.
                          But the program ought to recognize the disk size correctly.

Comment

Working...
                          X