created two coasters trying to compress a BD50 onto a BD25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

created two coasters trying to compress a BD50 onto a BD25

This is from the description of the Blu-ray to Blu-ray software features page:
    6 Compress BD-50 to BD-25/BD-9/BD-5.
    7 Very fast copying speed.
    8 Burn to any blank Blu-ray Disc (BD-R 25, BD-RE 25, BD-R 50, BD-RE 50).
    Now that I've bought the software and created two coasters trying to compress a BD50 onto a BD25 and then reading it doesn't work, I wonder why the feature list leads me to believe I could do this?

Very fast copying speed it says. Oops, if you copy the whole disc, usually about 38gigs it is very fast, but it won't compress onto a BD25 of course. If you choose only the main movie, it will compress, but it takes hours on a dual core 2.9gz with a 1gig video card. That isn't fast. I feel a little deceived.

Burn to any blank BD disk? I haven't tried anything other than BD25's, but now I want to know which disks I can burn to and which format? Can I do the whole disk or just the main movie to a BD9? I don't need any more coasters.

I'd like to know when the software will match the sales pitch. If nothing else, a little more info on what the software will and won't do would be good and then I wouldn't be wasting money on expensive coasters.

So you didn't try the FREE 30 day trial then?
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
      So you didn't try the FREE 30 day trial then?
      kinda sounds like that and DVDFab has a NO Refund policy in effect due to the 30 day free trial. Arnik maybe you should invest in a BD-RE(rewritable) to see how it works so you not get coasters and same goes for a DVD-RW(rewritable0 which is a DVD5 sorry but the DVD9 does not have rewritable media but from what others have posted on the forum it seems to work pretty good from what I read

Comment

I would also recommend aquiring some re-writables in both BD25 and BD50. While relatively expensive initially they tend to become "cheaper" during your trialling and experimenting phase..I have used Sony and have had no problems with them so far, can be got for around $A10 each for BD50's....

Comment

If you gave some info, the users on this forum may actually be able to help you. Follow the help us help you sticky at the top of the Bluray forum.
          Three things off the top of my head would be,
          1. What burn engine are you using
          2. What media ie. brand and rated burn speed
          3. When burning do you burn at half the rated speed of the media.
          As far as DVDFab goes it is well worth the money you shelled out.
          I don't have a $2000 bleeding edge system, my compression plus burn time is usually just over an hour to an hour and a half.
          Read the forums learn how to use your expensive new software.
          AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @3960MHz
          4G Geil ddr2 1066 (5-5-5-15) @1120MHz
          ASUS M3N HT Deluxe Nvidia 780a chipset
          2 XFX 9800GT SLI driver 197.45
          LG WH08LS20 BD drive firmware updated
          Windows7 Professional x64

Comment

Originally posted by ArniK View Post
            Very fast copying speed it says. Oops, if you copy the whole disc, usually about 38gigs it is very fast, but it won't compress onto a BD25 of course. If you choose only the main movie, it will compress, but it takes hours on a dual core 2.9gz with a 1gig video card. That isn't fast. I feel a little deceived.
            Speed is quite relative. The same task in some other software would take twice as long. DVDFab software allows you to take advantage of more and more hardware (GPU). The problem is not the software but the shear size of the calculations required.

Blu-Ray conversion software is kind of like buying tires. There are tires rated at 150MPH that will be fun to corner with on a Toyota Camary but certainly aren't going to help it achieve 150MPH.

Comment

A program that worked

It would be nice to have a program that worked as advertised.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob78634 View Post
                It would be nice to have a program that worked as advertised.
                This is a community of users. In reviewing your recent posts it is clear that you only wish to spread discontent rather than receive help for your issues.

You've been given a holiday. If you come back then be prepared to provide meaningful information instead of just complaints.

Comment

main movie only?

Comment

I did try the 30 day free trial, but I hadn't run into a movie over 25gb's. I am quite familiar with DVDFab and have used parts of it for years in association with other DVD writing programs I have. I burn dual layer DVD's all the time, no problemo. Finding good Blu-ray software is another story, and in spite of my complaints listed above, this is the best I have found so far. I just would have liked to have known its limitations at the start.

I recall taking an hour and a half to convert one song into an MP3 with a bleeding edge Zeos Pantera 100mz Pentium. Now it takes maybe 10 seconds? This isn't my first rodeo.

Are there plans to give us full disk Blu-ray compression? I would love that. I still do wonder about which disks I can use for which features. I don't want to try to burn a movie to a BD9 if it won't work or requires a split and I only have one disk available. Those kinds of questions should be fully answered in the help menu. Thanks for listening.

Comment

Originally posted by ArniK View Post
                      I did try the 30 day free trial, but I hadn't run into a movie over 25gb's. I am quite familiar with DVDFab and have used parts of it for years in association with other DVD writing programs I have. I burn dual layer DVD's all the time, no problemo. Finding good Blu-ray software is another story, and in spite of my complaints listed above, this is the best I have found so far. I just would have liked to have known its limitations at the start.

I recall taking an hour and a half to convert one song into an MP3 with a bleeding edge Zeos Pantera 100mz Pentium. Now it takes maybe 10 seconds? This isn't my first rodeo.

Are there plans to give us full disk Blu-ray compression? I would love that. I still do wonder about which disks I can use for which features. I don't want to try to burn a movie to a BD9 if it won't work or requires a split and I only have one disk available. Those kinds of questions should be fully answered in the help menu. Thanks for listening.
                      The version 7 already does give you the option to shrink a blu ray dvd9 or dvd5 plus the blueray to mobile option give that a try too you maybe surprised and very pleased like I am

Comment

According to the developers, full disc compression is in the works but there is no ETA.

Comment

I haver burned over 50 blu-ray movies just the main movie to memorex dl9 with no problems i use imageburn as sugested they are 8x speed so i burn them at 4x have also used verbateim dl9 at the same speed and have no problems i use to make a lot of costers at first till help from reading the forums a lot and reading some of the suggestions on what to use as burn eng and what to set what and what not to set love this program i bought the first dvdfab when it came out then when dvdfab 6 came out i bought a lifetime key for any upgrades well worth it
                          amd Phenom 9600 quad-core 2300mhz 4 core
                          Corsair - 2GB PC3-10666 DDR3 DIMM x4 total 8 gigs
                          2 Asus - NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 1GB GDDR3 PCI Express Graphics Cards sli
                          2 lg-BH08LS20 multiblue burner 1 For reading and 1 For burning
                          usauly takes me about 2hr to rip/compress/burn
                          Last edited by Darth56; 04-05-2010, 04:00 PM.

Comment

I personally dont care about the extras, sometimes I do but mostly not why would I want a full back up when I own the original? I just want to watch the movie. However what would be nice is a menu to skip scenes or to have the blu-ray sit on the main menu while finishing up getting snacks or what not. I hope I made this understandable. But I can see why some people would like the added features they like to have a full backup.
                            Lancool K-56 case.
                            OCZ 700watt PSU.
                            MSI 990FXA-GD65V2 AM3+.
                            AMD 8 core FX-8120 3.1ghz.
                            ZALMAN CNPS9900MAX cooler.
                            16gb G.skill 1600mhz memory.
                            OCZ Agility 120gb SSD.
                            WD 2TB.
                            EVGA GTX Geforce 550Ti.
                            LGWH12LS38 BD-RE

Comment

Working...