X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hd audio

Hi
    Could somebody please tell me what the option remove HD audio does ?
    Thank You
    bobt47
    DVDfab 7.0.4.0 - Imgburn 2.5.0.0 - PowerDVD8 Player
    Core i7 920 - 6Gb RAM - GTX295 Graphics - LG BH10LS30 Bluray Writer ( latest firmware).
    Method - Rip full movie to ISO - Open ISO and rip main movie to 25GB - Remove unneeded foreign soundtracks - Burn. at 2X on 4x Traxdata Bluray Discs.

It removes the HD audio and you should then have just the core DTS 5.1 track. Removing the HD audio will lower the output filesize by 3-4 GB so it won't have to compress the movie (is some cases).

Comment

will the audio quality be significantly lower?

Comment

Well it will still be DTS format but it will be lower than DTS HD, this is something you'll have to judge for yourself. My surround sound system doesn't support DTS HD so I wouldn't need to keep it but it will downgrade to just DTS so unless I want to possibly avoid compression I just leave it as is. (so I can't really comment)

Another thing if you remove DTS HD you will have more room for improved video quality (provided compression is needed).

Comment

Originally posted by thisizbrian View Post
          will the audio quality be significantly lower?
          I also sometime remove DTS HD to avoid compression.
          Quality is very good but not DTS HD.
          Windows 7 64bit ultimate
          CPU: i7 4770K @4.5 vcore@1.28v temps 27c/67c
          RAM: 16GB DDR3 @2133
          GPU: nVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 2GB
          SSD: 2 X 60GB OCZ vertex 3 RAID 0 (boot drive)
          HHD: 1 TB WD BLK (storage and back up)
          PSU: 760W ,Fans 1x200mm and 2x120mm

Comment

Originally posted by W&B View Post
            Another thing if you remove DTS HD you will have more room for improved video quality (provided compression is needed).
            If you really want keep DTS HD, after your BD9 process is done, demux downgraded DTS and re-mux with DTS HD. In this case, you will have file larger than BD9, but with DTS HD. You can wrap it up into MKV - perfect container.
            sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
            For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

I have a question on this subject........when i check the box to remove hd audio, the file size at the bottom doesn't change. does the size change after the ripping process?

Comment

Originally posted by dadrummerray View Post
                I have a question on this subject........when i check the box to remove hd audio, the file size at the bottom doesn't change. does the size change after the ripping process?
                HD audio is removed before ripping if you check the remove
                HD audio option
                Windows 7 64bit ultimate
                CPU: i7 4770K @4.5 vcore@1.28v temps 27c/67c
                RAM: 16GB DDR3 @2133
                GPU: nVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 2GB
                SSD: 2 X 60GB OCZ vertex 3 RAID 0 (boot drive)
                HHD: 1 TB WD BLK (storage and back up)
                PSU: 760W ,Fans 1x200mm and 2x120mm

Comment

Originally posted by dadrummerray View Post
                  I've noticed this also, when the main movie is less than 23GB with DTS HD. I reported it and I think it's being worked on. If you continue it does remove the HD audio though.

Comment

Originally posted by W&B View Post
                    I've noticed this also, when the main movie is less than 23GB with DTS HD. I reported it and I think it's being worked on. If you continue it does remove the HD audio though.
                    thanks for all the clarification. also i noticed that if you scan the disc, select your options, then click next and go back the size does change. seems to work it just doesn't update the size instantly. i did manage t get some of the titles over 25gb under to fit on a disc uncompressed. really liking this program!

Comment

Working...
                    X