Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to update firmware

Hi
    Can anybody tell me how to download the latest firmware for my LG BH10LS30bluray writer. The supplied ODD firmware updater doesnt work under windows 7 and I cant find anything on LG website that lists my particular drive.
    Regards
    bobt47
    DVDfab 7.0.4.0 - Imgburn 2.5.0.0 - PowerDVD8 Player
    Core i7 920 - 6Gb RAM - GTX295 Graphics - LG BH10LS30 Bluray Writer ( latest firmware).
    Method - Rip full movie to ISO - Open ISO and rip main movie to 25GB - Remove unneeded foreign soundtracks - Burn. at 2X on 4x Traxdata Bluray Discs.

I use ImgBurn for this in most cases, d/l and install ImgBurn then open, click the mode tab and select write data, right click on your drive in the dropdown and scroll to the bottom of that menu and you should see "check for firmware update".
    Clicking that will open pop up that tells you the current version installed and proceeding from there will open your default web browser and connect you to Firmware HQ. If there is a newer version available it will most likely be there for d/l.
    btw I checked for you already and I didn't see one for your model drive.

Comment

Thank you for that - I now know it is up to date and will check in the future for any updates !!!
      bobt47
      DVDfab 7.0.4.0 - Imgburn 2.5.0.0 - PowerDVD8 Player
      Core i7 920 - 6Gb RAM - GTX295 Graphics - LG BH10LS30 Bluray Writer ( latest firmware).
      Method - Rip full movie to ISO - Open ISO and rip main movie to 25GB - Remove unneeded foreign soundtracks - Burn. at 2X on 4x Traxdata Bluray Discs.

Comment

You're welcome and glad I could help.

Note: LG's website will have the updates first of course and the folks at Firmware HQ may not be as-to-date but usually they're on top of things. So if you can't find an update at Firmware HQ always check your drives manufacturer.

Comment

that was a great tip. just upgraded mine to v 2.00.

thanks again

Comment

Working...
          X