This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Player reads Blu-Ray copy as data disc

Copy Blu-Ray movie only to BD-RE or BD-25. Player (LG BH200) says they are data discs. Load the copies on to the computer and DVD FAB recognizes them as Blu-Ray video. Windows XP SP3. Using DVD FAB V6.0.7.0. Will try new Beta release. Any suggestions.
    Last edited by troy512; 10-08-2009, 05:44 AM.

Are you using the VSO burning engine? if so I suggest you d/l ImgBurn and install following Troy512's instructions. You can find d/l link and a link to his youtube video in the Third Party Products at the bottom of the forum. also please read the Help us Help you sticky and post the info requested in that document. also does your Lg BH200 have any firmware updates? is it connected to the internet to be able to check for updates? does it support BD-RE and BD-R disc?

Comment

I looked at the specs for your player and from what I can find it supports BD-ROM. It says nothing about BD-RE or BD-R so I suspect thats your problem.
      • Media Type DVD, DVD+R, DVD-R, BD-ROM, DVD+RW, DVD-RW, HD DVD
      • Built-in Audio Decoders DTS decoder, Dolby Digital, DTS-HD decoder, Dolby Digital Plus
      • Media Load Type Tray
      • Upscaling Yes ( Up to 1080p )
      • Supported Digital Video Standards MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4
      • Supported Digital Audio Standards MP3

Comment

Wild and Blue,
        I think he should be able to get BD playback on this unit, as it will play H.264 video.
        I suspect there are files missing on the back up disc's.

masenrab,
        Wild and Blue's suggestion to down load ImgBurn is very good advice, it is an invaluable burn engine.
        I am interested in the process you use to back up to a BD disc, if you could walk us through through those steps I would appreciate that.
        When I first started with BD I to would on occasion get the response from my BD player, however it has been so long ago,that I don't recall what I did to correct it.
        And you definitely should check to see if your player is in need of a firmware update.

Comment

Originally posted by touchdown_1 View Post
          Wild and Blue,
          I think he should be able to get BD playback on this unit, as it will play H.264 video.
          I suspect there are files missing on the back up disc's.
          you very well could be right, I was just going by the specs I found and usually one thing I noticed is most companys post all supported disc types as they did with the dvd's and another reason you could be right is the firmware updates might have enabled support for those type disc.

Comment

Discontinued Unit

I may be hosed. This is one of the early Blu_ray players and it also supported HD-DVD. I had the latest and only firmware update installed. There will be no more updates as the product is discontinued. I used DVD FAB to copy the disc and copy only the main movie using the VSO engine to burn. I will try IMGBurn to see if it can handle it better. I suspect the player wants BD-ROM only. Too bad I can't change the book type to BD-ROM as we used to be able to with DVD +R/DL.

Comment

don't give up as I actually think Touchdown may be correct since it is recognizing the disc as a data disc. usually again after much thought and that tiny marble of a brain rattling in my head you should get a message saying disc not supported by the player itself. big ol' duh on my part lol

Comment

masenrab,
                use your BD-RE,just so your not wasting money by making coasters, also in ImgBurn make sure you do a full format of the disc, just so you know your starting with a corrupt free disc.
                let us know your results.
                good luck

Comment

It was the player

I made 2 BD-RE dvds. One built with VSO the other with IMGBURN. Both would not play on my player (data disc). Went to BestBuy put them into a LG-BD390. Both played right away. Thanks for all the help. BTW the BD390 starts movies really fast (like almost immediately). Luckily my current player can be sold to soften the cost of the replacement.

Comment

Well at least not a total loss for you then,glad it got figured out.

Comment

Working...
                    X