This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bddvd9 1080p

I have a Dell XPS M1530 2.1 gh 6 gb ram and attempted to test the bddvd9 1080p option yesterday afternoon.

It was still reading/compressing when I went to bed. I woke up at 2am figuring the reading would be over by then and put it a blank DVD DL...but alas... it looks like microsoft had downloaded and was in the process of installing an update. Just as I approached the pc I saw the screen change from the familiar 'don't shut down your pc - updates being installed... and just then it decided to reboot before DVDfab would let me insert a blank DVD-DL.

I found the m2ts files in my temp folder and they play fine with VLC on the laptop but I am unable now to copy them properly to a blank disk. I suspect the files didn't get a chance to close before microsoft intruded.

I think I'm just going to give up on that method. It's too time consuming/frustrating.

Post moved to new thread in correct forum to prevent hijack.

Comment

EDIT: Moved from other thread.

I wrote a reply earlier but it looks like it got lost in cyberspace.
      Yesterday I tried to backup a Planet Earth BD to DVD9 1080p on a DVD DL.
      It was still reading compressing after 6 hrs so I went to bed and woke up at 2am figuring the read would be over and to put in a DVD DL. In the meantime, Microsoft must have downloaded/installed an update because as I approached the pc I saw the last 23 seconds of their message " installing part 3 of your update - do not shut off your computer".
      Just then it finished the install and went into reboot. I had no idea if the 7+ hrs of reading was lost, but I found the 3 m2ts files. They play using the VLC player but I wasn't able to copy them to the DVD DL. Further when I try to open them in Sony Vegas Pro 8.1 only the audio opens up.

Even if DVDFab was able to finish it's cycle uninteruppted, and made a good DVD DL, it's just too much work (and risk) for for me.
      Last edited by Complication; 04-01-2010, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lilewis View Post
        it looks like microsoft had downloaded and was in the process of installing an update.
        Advise, turn off updates and do it manually when it convenient for you!!!!

D/l tsMuxerGUI (google it, it's free) and mux your .m2ts files into blu-ray, and write it on dvd
        sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
          Advise, turn off updates and do it manually when it convenient for you!!!!

D/l tsMuxerGUI (google it, it's free) and mux your .m2ts files into blu-ray, and write it on dvd
          1st - I missed that my post was moved to another thread. No wonder I couldn't find it
          2nd - good idea! Auto update will be turned off.
          3rd - gonna google tsMuxerGUI now... thx!

Comment

Finally success!
            tsMuxerGUI converted a BD9 (started as BR) to a playable DVD and the quality was pretty darn good!

Thanks all for your help

Comment

Originally posted by lilewis View Post
              Finally success!
              tsMuxerGUI converted a BD9 (started as BR) to a playable DVD and the quality was pretty darn good!

Thanks all for your help
              I'm glad to see that it worked for you. In a future, you can encode or decode any of your home videos using x264 codec (using meGUI or Xvid4PSP 5.0) and wrap them up into BD, burn and show to your friends.
              By the way, meGUI or Xvid4PSP 5.0 also freeware - google it. Xvid4PSP 5.0 probably will work better for you, is you're newb.
              sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
              For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Working...
              X