compression needed on ver 7 but none on ver6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

compression needed on ver 7 but none on ver6

If i use version 7 and main movie is only ~20 GB on ver 7 it has to compress but on ver 6 there's the message of no compression needed. what is the difference between versions?

Originally posted by thisizbrian View Post
    If i use version 7 and main movie is only ~20 GB on ver 7 it has to compress but on ver 6 there's the message of no compression needed. what is the difference between versions?
    thisizbrian,
    I suppose you are using "Blu-ray to Blu-ray" mode, "main movie" option. What output format are you using (i.e. BD25, BD9 1080, etc.)? Please provide more info.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

I reported the same thing a couple of weeks ago. Main movie only to BD25. Used ver. 6 and no compression. Movie plays just fine.
      The thread seems to have fallen by the wayside.

Comment

Originally posted by thisizbrian View Post
        I noticed this too. With main movie only and using 1080 the movie (The Great Debaters) was just above 20 GB. And compression started and went on forever.

Comment

This is a major problem that has to be looked into by the developers.

Comment

dvd fab blu to blu main movie to 25gb blu ray disc.

it takes 1.5 hrs to compress a 20 gb movie on ver 7 and 6 min to not compress/just copy 20 gb movie in ver 6.

i only use ver 7 now when i have a movie over 23.7 gb that will use the advantages of the gpu acceleration on ver 7.

ive ripped and copied over 250 of my movies so far and never had this until version 7
            Last edited by thisizbrian; 04-08-2010, 09:47 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

The problem still remains with 7.0.4.0. I tried to rip Bank Job with 1080 and with no HD audio. The analysis said 21,6 GB. And compression started. I aborted that and tried with the latest 6 Beta instead and with HD audio. The analysis said 19,6 GB and the ripping started without compression! Strange. I have the setup for BD to 23.700 in both cases.

Comment

molok what is the latest version 6 beta you have 7 isnt workin too good for me either...

Comment

6.2.1.8 is available for download on this forum.
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by scottyb25 View Post
                    molok what is the latest version 6 beta you have 7 isnt workin too good for me either...
                    I used 6.2.2.0.

Comment

Working...
                    X