Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Complete Newb question about Blu ray to Blu ray

Hey guys,
    I'm new here. I've been lurking for a couple of weeks and trying to decide how hard it is to back up blu rays. Seems like this software works pretty good and I'm impressed by the support by the staff and members. A few questions before I jump into this though. Note: I have yet to buy a burner yet. Of course that's fixed by a quick trip to best buy.

1. Will my computer support this software? I have a dell dimension 3000. The processor is a P4 2.8gtz. The memory I upgraded to 1.5gb. From looking at the software specs I should be ok but will my video card be ok? I've noticed some guys refering to their video cards while posting. I've never upgraded one before and not even sure what this thing has in it. I realize my computer probably would be slow but that's fine as I would just have it do it overnight.

2. Is this software to complicated for me? I would buy the DVDfab all in one as that seems simplest. I haven't backed up a DVD since 2004 and it was super easy program. I've learned a lot from reading on here but sometimes you guys speak in a complete different language. I've looked at the review on howtogeek.com and its seems pretty easy but I'd hate get a burner then not figure out how to use it.

Thanks for any help of advice!

Also I have McAfee. I saw a posting that it would recognize this program as a trojan.

Comment

1) If you are not planning to watch the Blurays on your computer, then the video card does not matter. You may need to upgrade only if you plan to watch the Blurays on your computer.

2) I have only used this software for a few weeks and I can say it is very simple to use. I really don't see how it could get any easier!

I can not speak off the McAfee issue because I know nothing of it.

Good luck.

Comment

Thank you. I do not plan on watching blu ray on my computer. Also thanks for saying that the software is easy. I guess if I had to I could remove McAfee from this computer. Hopefully its not an issue! Any other thoughts would be appreciated!

Comment

You can try the software out first before buying. I know you do not have a Bluray burner, but if you have a reader you can just copy to your hard-drive to see how easy it is.

Yeah for now you could just disable McAfee. I read in the other thread that someone has emailed McAfee about the issue so that should be resolved soon.

Cheers.

Comment

To tell you the truth I am a huge fan of the blu-ray to blu-ray. I downloaded the program and instantly fell in love with it. I picked up a burner on ebay which gives me problems but somehow I seem to get through backing up the blu-ray. And to be honest I have tried other programs that do the same thing and this one is the simplest and most thought out program I have used. You wont be sorry. As for running on your computers I use a small laptop that has s 1.7 something processor, and 512gb of memory and It rips the blu-ray and burns it within 2 hrs.
            Lancool K-56 case.
            OCZ 700watt PSU.
            MSI 990FXA-GD65V2 AM3+.
            AMD 8 core FX-8120 3.1ghz.
            ZALMAN CNPS9900MAX cooler.
            16gb G.skill 1600mhz memory.
            OCZ Agility 120gb SSD.
            WD 2TB.
            EVGA GTX Geforce 550Ti.
            LGWH12LS38 BD-RE

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm sure you'll be seeing questions from me soon!

Comment

This DVDFAb program for Blu-Ray is by far the easiest program out there, I have a 4-core processor computer with 8gigs of memory and my avg times are one hr to copy main movie to HD (550 gb)with no compression, each movie can take about 25gbs of space on HD, but once done can be deleted from drive , 2-1/2 hrs to compress to a BD9 iso and 45min to burn disc. The results a very good back-up copy. I have had McAfee and Norton with no problems. You must have a burner that can read Blu-Ray discs so you can copy them to HD, you can burn with just about any DVD burner. You can also practice burning with reg DVD blanks (DVD5) until you get right , but the DVD9 DLs
                are best for back-ups and they don't cost as much as the BD25/50s , also until you buy the program you will have a DVDfab LOGO on all of your back-ups, but you can try it for free.

Comment

So the problems with McAfee are just some people not everyone? That's good to hear. Thanks for the idea of testing and practicing on DL DVD's.

Comment

No....practice with reg DVD-R's ( DVD5) the same kind you can back-up reg DVD movies with, they cost about 30c/ea where as the DVD +R DL's (DVD9) cost about 1.50/ea and most of all, use only "Verbatim" Discs they are the best and they will work 99% of time.

Comment

Up until about a month ago, I had McAfee and I had no problems with it using DVDFab. The only reason I switched to Norton was that Comcast provides the free security and they switched from McAfee to Norton.

Comment

Working...
                      X