Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone Explain in steps on how to record Blu-ray to disk so videolan can read all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone Explain in steps on how to record Blu-ray to disk so videolan can read all

Aloha all,

When i back up movies, I just do Blu-ray to Blu-ray , then select main movie. But when i do this, it does in fact copy the movie to my computers HD, but some files wont play in videolan and others will. The ones that dont will play in windows media, but if it has sub titles i cant turn them off or put audio to English if its wrong, but in video lan these features all work just on some movies.

Is there a way to do it all with one movie player?

You do not play the files with VLC, you use Play from Folder.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

You'll need software that supports BD format such as Total Media Theater 3 or PowerDVD but you'll need to rip as a iso and mount to a virtual drive.

Comment

Sorry W&B, you are correct.

Just been on the VLC site and they do not mention Blu-Ray at all.

It sounds like the OP is just trying to play the MT2S files with VLC.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by W&B View Post
          You'll need software that supports BD format such as Total Media Theater 3 or PowerDVD but you'll need to rip as a iso and mount to a virtual drive.

That can not be right. I copy the movie to the HD (Computer Hard Drive) and it makes a directory like:

C:\Users\*********\Desktop\MainMovie\FOURTH_KIND\B DMV\STREAM

in the stream folder is the movie, about 8.1GB or more depending on how i recorded it. Then from there I can right click and go open with video lan

then the movie plays, 5.1 , everything works fine.

But some movies, does work right, they have audio, but no video.... in videolan, but in windows media its fine, but you cant turn subtitles off....

Comment

You are playing the file, not the BD structure!!! That is why you have no control over subtitles, etc.

Comment

so how does one convert it to a normal file? like eg if you download or watch HD clips online,

I guess I want to turn BD to mkv how is this done....?

Comment

Using "Blu-Ray to Mobile".

Comment

figures the only one i didn't buy

Comment

You may have a better success rate with VLC if you remove all but one audio track (some tracks are commentary, use the preview window to see which is the one you need) if trying to play the m2ts file directly but even if you keep one subtitle track, the forced subs won't display because the flags are within the folder structure.
                    Even still I've had mixed results with VLC, as you said some playback and some won't.

Comment

Working...
                    X