Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ripping speed very slow

Hello,

I'm have dvdfab 6 and it works perfect and very fast a rip cost about 30 min. The only problem is that when I have a 50Gb movie that is to big to fit on 1 25Gb I must compress it or split it in to 2 25Gb but with dvdfab 6 that can not be done.

I saw that with the dvdfab 7.0.3.0 you can have the option with chapter select. Perfect I installed on my PC, select the movie of 50Gb that was already on my HDD did chapter select and start.

To my surprice it was so very slow it did 0,7% in 6min. that's not good I even tryed it for the original disc it self time 2:30 hours not good.

Can somebody tell me what is wrong??

Thank you

This should work, Main movie only allows you to select the chapters. Ripping the full disc to your hdd first and then using that as the source should be faster than ripping twice from the original disc, I see you did say you tried that.
    I'm testing this at the time of this posting, the movie only is 30+gb with 16 total chapters. I'm doing the first rip selecting chapters 1 thru 8 and the second rip 9 thru 16.

When doing the 2nd rip with the remaning chapters be sure to rename the volume label or it will overwrite the 1st rip.

Did you get this resolved yet by further testing? What title is it you're trying this with and if I have it I'll try to test and if not maybe another forum member will help out. Might also try the latest beta 7035 from the forum's main page.

The first 8 chapters took about 11 minutes to finish on my rig, not to shabby imo.

Comment

Thank you for the responce

The full rip was allready on the hdd but still have to try the 7.0.3.5 version.

Comment

if your burns are still slow whats your processor speed, and whats do you have for memory?

I'm using a HP laptop.
        AMD Turion 64 1.7ghz processor
        512 memory
        and only 41gb left on a hard drive and my ripping and burning takes 2h:10min which I thought wasnt bad for ripping and burning a blu-ray movie.
        Lancool K-56 case.
        OCZ 700watt PSU.
        MSI 990FXA-GD65V2 AM3+.
        AMD 8 core FX-8120 3.1ghz.
        ZALMAN CNPS9900MAX cooler.
        16gb G.skill 1600mhz memory.
        OCZ Agility 120gb SSD.
        WD 2TB.
        EVGA GTX Geforce 550Ti.
        LGWH12LS38 BD-RE

Comment

Thread hijack moved to .
          Last edited by Complication; 04-14-2010, 04:10 PM. Reason: Removed threadjack.

Comment

Working...
          X