Blu-ray to Blu-ray version dvdfab7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-ray to Blu-ray version dvdfab7

was wondering why are some movies slower than others while burning blu-ray to blu-ray?? for instance i did the hangover in like 40 mins total.. and ghostbusters took 5 hours?? both basically the same size 43 gb.. using the bd-25 option main movie only???

43 Gb is a size of the entire BD. What is the size of main movie itself? What is format, codec, etc. (you can get it with BDInfo). Are you using CUDA acceleration? Give us some more info to work with.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

As IPopov says, more details are required.

Generally, the time factor is dependant on a lot of variables like length of the actual film, how it is authored, codecs used and amount of compression required.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I have never had a movie rip, or burn in different speeds.
        Lancool K-56 case.
        OCZ 700watt PSU.
        MSI 990FXA-GD65V2 AM3+.
        AMD 8 core FX-8120 3.1ghz.
        ZALMAN CNPS9900MAX cooler.
        16gb G.skill 1600mhz memory.
        OCZ Agility 120gb SSD.
        WD 2TB.
        EVGA GTX Geforce 550Ti.
        LGWH12LS38 BD-RE

Comment

you'll have to forgive me im new at blu-ray burning.. the main movie is about the same roughly 20 to 21 gb.. i dont know what cuda accelaration is.. i know im using version 7 blu-ray to blu-ray 25gb option. what's odd is the matrix.. iam legend.. the pricess frog.. the hangover.. and the nightmare before xmas all were done in under an hour ready to play on my standalone.. the dark knight.. ghostbusters.. 2010.. even romancing the stone all after the analysing was done said they were gonna take 4 plus hours.. even after running them for 15 min.. the formats are actual blu-ray's i own.. backing them up on blank 25gb 4x bd-r media..

Comment

Scotty, when you say that the main movie is the same at ~21Gb, is that after the job is completed or before?
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by scottyb25 View Post
              you'll have to forgive me im new at blu-ray burning.. the main movie is about the same roughly 20 to 21 gb.. i dont know what cuda accelaration is.. i know im using version 7 blu-ray to blu-ray 25gb option. what's odd is the matrix.. iam legend.. the pricess frog.. the hangover.. and the nightmare before xmas all were done in under an hour ready to play on my standalone.. the dark knight.. ghostbusters.. 2010.. even romancing the stone all after the analysing was done said they were gonna take 4 plus hours.. even after running them for 15 min.. the formats are actual blu-ray's i own.. backing them up on blank 25gb 4x bd-r media..
              looks like movies that ripped in 40min had no compression.
              4hrs rips sounds like they needed compression.
              Windows 7 64bit ultimate
              CPU: i7 4770K @4.5 vcore@1.28v temps 27c/67c
              RAM: 16GB DDR3 @2133
              GPU: nVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 2GB
              SSD: 2 X 60GB OCZ vertex 3 RAID 0 (boot drive)
              HHD: 1 TB WD BLK (storage and back up)
              PSU: 760W ,Fans 1x200mm and 2x120mm

Comment

it's before like after its analyised.. i put in a blu-ray choose option bray to bray.. with the 25gb mode selected it reads it. i click next it starts to rip.. some have gone quick some say like 4 hours.. there seems to be no diffrence the file size or the movie length.. the matrix went quick like 30 min total while the dark knight is sayin 4 hours.. im a newbie but still confused...thanks ernilee thats what im guessin too cause im new to this..
                Last edited by scottyb25; 04-13-2010, 08:54 PM.

Comment

I have backed up Dark knight too the rip was around 3-3 1/2 hrs
                  for me.
                  Windows 7 64bit ultimate
                  CPU: i7 4770K @4.5 vcore@1.28v temps 27c/67c
                  RAM: 16GB DDR3 @2133
                  GPU: nVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 2GB
                  SSD: 2 X 60GB OCZ vertex 3 RAID 0 (boot drive)
                  HHD: 1 TB WD BLK (storage and back up)
                  PSU: 760W ,Fans 1x200mm and 2x120mm

Comment

thanks ernilee im guessin the ones that are goin quick need no compression while the others do need to be compressed to fit on 25gb media..

Comment

That sounds correct.

Comment

Working...
                      X