Red Cliff shuts down Dvd Fab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Cliff shuts down Dvd Fab

Tried to rip Red Cliff theatrical version and when dvd fab is analyzing, it just shuts down. It is connected to the internet.
    I also tried opening an .iso version in Dvdfab and after it analyzes movie only to BD25, and i hit start, to commence compression, i get a windows send report alarm that fabcore has to shut down. It appears the main title is a VC1 format which i assume dvdfab can't handle.
    Anyone have sucess with this movie, and if so, how did you do it.
    Thanks

This movie (part 1 & 2) worked fine for me.

Maybe the disc as a tiny scratch on it?

edit: im sorry, mine is the international version. VC-1 as well though.
    Last edited by crackinhedz; 04-18-2010, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Mine is region 1. I'll try again and report back. I'll have a good look at the disc first.
      What do you mean part 1&2. I found 2 versions at 4 hrs. each, and one at 2.5 hrs. with 17 chapters. The 2.5 hr version is the one that plays when i check the movie in power dvd. That is the one i'm trying to compress to BD25. I believe it's about 29GB.

Comment

Red Cliff

...two versions.

Released in two parts, the nearly five-hour Red Cliff was the highest budgeted and highest grossing Chinese film ever....

A truncated version of the film, edited down to two and a half hours for U.S. audiences, also appeared stateside in selected cities, generating strong reviews. Magnolia Home Entertainment has seen fit to release both cuts on Blu-ray—we'll have a review of the single-disc U.S. theatrical edition up shortly—but this two-disc "Original International Version" is the one you'll want.
        Last edited by crackinhedz; 04-18-2010, 04:00 PM.

Comment

That makes sense. I remember seeing 2 different dates that showed Red Cliff releases. I never thought anything of it at the time. Mine is obviously the the shortened version. I'll have to look for the 2 part version, but i expect that to be a challenge unless i go to Chinatown in Toronto.
          Thanks.

Comment

Future Shop has the 2 disc Extended version available http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/produ...t2008bluray-en sold out online but a lot of Future Shop stores has it available in the Toronto area

Comment

Thanks,Will Do.

Comment

Working...
              X