Just started with BR - A few questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just started with BR - A few questions

I have been using the SD version for a while, but decided to give BR a look. I the SD version I would normally do a custom (removing all languages except english, previews, ect). Pretty much a full disk except for these small parts.

In the BR version it seems that you can only pick one file - am I missing something?

I did make hard copies of the SD - but started making ISO to stream across the wire. Wanting to do the same with the BR with one exception. The Asus O!Play I am using does NOT support HDAudio. I tried checking "remove HDAudio" but then I get no audio.

Help please - Assume I'm stupid about this.

The Tango,
    You are not stupid, but definitely confused.
    DVD Fab have two modules that dealing with Blu-ray: BR to BR and BR to Mobile. Please don't be fooled by name BR to Mobile - it's not literally a Mobile, but different BR containers with wide variety of options. I have to say though, that this module is still under heavy development and improves from beta to beta.

Anyway, BR to BR have two options - Full Disc (pretty much self-explanatory) with two output formats, folder and ISO. What you really getting here is protection and region removal. Fab, at this point, can't produce Full Disc with all guts in any compression. If you want compress your content, you can only go with Main Movie option, and compress it to various output sizes.

Br to Mobile is different story. IMO, BR to MKV is an option deserved special attention. MKV container is simplest, easiest to work with, and most importantly open source container out there. Only one thing this container can't handle is menus. However, Matroska (MKV) developers were moved under Core roof and extensively working on menu issues. When that happened, you watch, most of the video junkies will use MKV.
    BR to MKV also giving you variety of options: remux and x264. In remux you will get an uncompressed output in MKV container. You can chose your audio, video, subs, and combine them in any way you want. You can disassemble this container re-work tracks and assemble back so easy, "even caveman can do it"
    If you interested in details, contact me in PM.
    BTW, your O!Play will be very pleased to deal with content in MKV format.
    I hope I made it somewhat clearer for you. If not, narrow you questions and ask - all af us will happy to help you.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Working...
    X