compression issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

compression issue

every time i want to use blu-ray to blu-ray 25gb 1080p and the movie is too big and needs compression.. when it's done compessing and burning to blank media the finished product does not play in ps3 or sony standalone.. it plays in my pc but in standalone's its a blank screen no sound.. no picture.. when there is no compression needed it plays fine in the standalone's this is in the main movie mode.. anytime the main movie is over and needs compression

read what is below and post the info asked in your next post reply to this thread

Help Us Help You

If you are posting about an operational problem with one of the DVDFab products, you will improve the speed and accuracy of the response by providing some information in the very first post that will probably be needed.

First, make note of any error codes or messages that appear in popup boxes and put them in your post. Information on error codes that appear in the DVDFab UI are captured in one of the logs we request below.

DVDFab keeps logs of its activities that supply basic system information and can help pinpoint where and when an error happened and help pinpoint the cause. The default location for these logs on most Windows systems is:

C:\Documents and Settings\your username\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

The logs are simple text files that can be opened with Windows Notepad. If the size exceeds the forum’s attachment size limit, you may need to delete older entries or copy and paste the relevant ones into a new file.

dvdfab_internal.log Attach for all problems. Time stamped, most recent at the bottom. Please edit to include only the most recent or relevant log session.

dvdfab_burn_vso.log Attach for all problems. The entries are time stamped with the most recent at the top.

dvdfab_burn_imgburn.log Attach if you have ImgBurn set as the burning engine and the problem concerns disc burning. Time stamped with the most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_process.log Attach if DVDFab crashes and the crash report window does not come up or complete correctly or if internal error codes appear in the DVDFab window (“Task Failed…”). Time stamped, most recent at the bottom.

Other Information:

Depending on the nature of the problem, it can help to know:
    If this happens with all discs or just one
    Your operating system/CPU/memory configuration
    If you are using external hard drives or optical drives
    If you have made any recent changes to your OS or system hardware
    If you have other DVD or BD software installed, particularly if recently added.

Posts with all the requested information will be answered first.

Comment

thanks... first off there is no error messages... second it happens everytime i try a movie over 25gb.. 3rd im runnin vista home my cpu is core 2 duo 3gb memory.. internal blu-ray lg no recent changes no other dvd bd software involved..

Comment

Originally posted by scottyb25 View Post
        every time i want to use blu-ray to blu-ray 25gb 1080p and the movie is too big and needs compression.. when it's done compessing and burning to blank media the finished product does not play in ps3 or sony standalone.. it plays in my pc but in standalone's its a blank screen no sound.. no picture.. when there is no compression needed it plays fine in the standalone's this is in the main movie mode.. anytime the main movie is over and needs compression
        this has happened to me for a few movies. independence day and i robot.

i just gave up.

Comment

what is your A/V setting?
          gpu what kind?
          Windows 7 64bit ultimate
          CPU: i7 4770K @4.5 vcore@1.28v temps 27c/67c
          RAM: 16GB DDR3 @2133
          GPU: nVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 2GB
          SSD: 2 X 60GB OCZ vertex 3 RAID 0 (boot drive)
          HHD: 1 TB WD BLK (storage and back up)
          PSU: 760W ,Fans 1x200mm and 2x120mm

Comment

when you say a/v settings how do i check that?? also gpu is that something extra that needs to be downloaded in order to compress faster??? my graphics card is ati radeon hd 3400 series..
            Last edited by scottyb25; 04-21-2010, 04:08 PM.

Comment

uper right green check click on that then click on A/V this will
              show your setting.
              ati radeon hd 3400 is your GPU.
              Windows 7 64bit ultimate
              CPU: i7 4770K @4.5 vcore@1.28v temps 27c/67c
              RAM: 16GB DDR3 @2133
              GPU: nVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 2GB
              SSD: 2 X 60GB OCZ vertex 3 RAID 0 (boot drive)
              HHD: 1 TB WD BLK (storage and back up)
              PSU: 760W ,Fans 1x200mm and 2x120mm

Comment

where do i right click and on what to check a/v settings i didnt understand when u said green??

Comment

when you say a/v settings how do i check that?? also gpu is that something extra that needs to be downloaded in order to compress faster??? my graphics card is ati radeon hd 3400 series..
                  OK, your GPU is ati radeon hd 3400 series GPU is a graphic processing unit (aka videocard )
                  DVDFab featuring GPU acceleration (meaning processing power of your videocard will be engaged into video processing). There are two major competing GPU manufacturers nVIDIA and AMD. Both came up with ways to engage their GPU into massive data processing (that's what essentially graphic processing is). For nVIDIA it's CUDA and DXVA for AMD cards (your's is one of them and should be DXVA enabled. Hope you're with me so far.
                  Now, open your DVDFab 7, in right top corner you'll see little green circle with check mark - this is settings - open it. Under "General" header you'll see A/V Codec - click on it. You'll see three drop-down lines for H.264, VC1 and MPEG2 -> select DXVA for H.264 and VC1. MPEG2 is a software, and below that in "Video Encoder" section select Software. Click OK and restart Fab to changes take effect.

This is just a response to your last questions, but not a solution for your original problem. To help you out with your original issue, you have to provide us with more information. Just see AGJ's post above and follow instruction.
                  Good luck
                  Last edited by IPopov50; 04-21-2010, 04:47 PM.
                  sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                  For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                  For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                  Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

under general settings there is only these options no a/v is listed.. customise ui.. gpu acceleration.. preiview .. sound.. network.. and diagnosis..

Comment

scottyb25
                      this is exactly why we need your information!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are running DVDFab 6 and we all assuming DVDFab 7.
                      Go to GPU Acceleration and check Enable.... and tick DXVA
                      Restart application.

You posted your problem under 7.0.4.0 header, and looking for assistance in Fab 6. Did you get it???
                      sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

actually im runnin 7.0.1.2 and my original header to this post was dvd fab 7!! it was changed not by me.. to read the 7.0.4.0... regardless when i upgraded to the latest version and clicked on a/v section under general and tried to do what ipopov was tellin me it said my graphics card wont support dxva.. so my last question on this subject if i buy and install a better graphics card that will suppoet dxva will the compressing process be alot quicker???

Comment

better graphics card that will suppoet dxva will the compressing process be alot quicker???
                          Answer is yes. How alot - hard to say. First of all, I personally believe in CUDA, I like nVIDIA products, and I hardcore believer that ATI cards suck.
                          Saying that, I would go with nVIDIA CUDA enabled card. Before you go and buy new card, I would suggest you to post your hardware specs, look at others' configuration here

do some research.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X