Remove high def audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove high def audio

Is it better to remove high def audio? im using bd-r 25 gig disk? Im trying to back up Avatar...
    Using main movie...and on the audio side, should i keep the DTS-HD master or select ac-3/2 or ac-3/5.1? If i select remove HD audio, what exactly will that do?

wasnt sure if avatar was copy protection removable... but HD audio depends on your output source. do you have a receiver that can play the HD audio codec?

Comment

i have a surround sound system....

Comment

Originally posted by thisizbrian View Post
        wasnt sure if avatar was copy protection removable...
        Yes DVDFab can do the Bluray Avatar using version 7.0.4.0

Comment

removing HD audio essentially takes up less space, therefore less compression of the actual Video (if compression is needed).

If you can fit both HD audio and video without compression, then keeping the HD audio is ideal as long as your audio system has the means to play it back.

Comment

Originally posted by studmonkey76 View Post
            and on the audio side, should i keep the DTS-HD master or select ac-3/2 or ac-3/5.1? If i select remove HD audio, what exactly will that do?
            always use Dts-HD MA or Dolby TrueHD, unless you want to save space mentioned above (remove HD Audio).

AC-3 is essentially Dolby Digital...

AC-3/2 is Dolby Digital 2 channel (stereo)
            AC-3/5.1 is Dolby Digital 5.1 channel (surround sound)

Comment

if u select ac-3/5.1 on avatar, its got some guy in the background describing whats going on...LOL

Comment

That's right, it's a descriptive track for blind.
                There is only one main track (for each language, though). There are no duplicates of main track in different format. You can take HD audio and extract core out of it (that's what DVDFab does when you asked to remove HD audio). Keep HD audio or not, is a matter of personal preference. Remember, HD audio weight about 5 Gig on it's own. So out of your 25 gigs of space you have to sacrifice some video quality to accommodate HD audio, Make sense?

if u select ac-3/5.1 on avatar, its got some guy in the background describing whats going on...LOL
                sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

so if you select DTS-HD master and remove hd audio, what would happen? would it still have audio?

Comment

so if you select DTS-HD master and remove hd audio, what would happen? would it still have audio?
                    Yes, You will have DTS 5.1 core with bitrate 1536 Kbps.
                    Unless you have solid, real home theater with HD audio capabilities, you wouldn't really find difference between regular DTS 5.1 and DTS HD 7.1
                    sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

i have a suround sound system hooked up through my tv...im gonna use a ps3 to play the blu ray...would u select the DTS master or ac-3/2 for audio?

Comment

What AC3/2 are you talking about? The one on a disc? Most likely it's commentary. Do you even reading my responses?
                        Let's try again. You have two options to select: DTS MA that will take about 5 gig of your space, or downgrade it to DTS (by selecting remove HD audio). I will make it even easier for you - select "remove HD audio". Period.
                        We all gave surround sound. Regular surround sound (5/1 a few years old) wouldn't produce HD audio.
                        sigpic

Comment

i am reading your responses, i guess i just dont understand...
                          On avatar, there are 3 audio choices on the right side
                          DTS-HD Master/5.1
                          AC-3/2
                          AC-3/5.1

the ac-3/5.1 has someone in the background describing whats going on...So i have to choose one of the other 2...

Comment

Go with DTS with HD or not DTS is the the way to go with PS3.
                            Windows 7 64bit ultimate
                            CPU: i7 4770K @4.5 vcore@1.28v temps 27c/67c
                            RAM: 16GB DDR3 @2133
                            GPU: nVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 2GB
                            SSD: 2 X 60GB OCZ vertex 3 RAID 0 (boot drive)
                            HHD: 1 TB WD BLK (storage and back up)
                            PSU: 760W ,Fans 1x200mm and 2x120mm

Comment

There is only one master track for the movie. As I said in my previous posts AC3/2 is a commentary (number 2 means two channels - stereo). Do you even imagine Avatar in stereo????
                              AC3/5.1 is descriptive track for blind
                              Go ahead an chose whatever you want. I'm getting feeling here that you are blind, because I said this already in my previous posts.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X