Avatar Main Movie with limited subtitles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avatar Main Movie with limited subtitles

I backed up my Avatar BR disk to main movie so I can stream from my NAS. Works great, although I don't see the subtitles that I did when playing from the BD when the Navi speak in their language. Is there a way to display only these subtitles without having subtitles displayed during the whole movie?
    Thank you for any help.

AMD Phenom II X4 3.2Ghz | Radeon HD 4670 | Win7 Pro x64 | 8 GB | Synology DS211j 5TB | Wired GbE | 2x WDTV Live + |

I'm glad to hear "Main Movie" works for you

How do you stream it? Does your player support BDMV(forced subtitle) playback?
    DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
    http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Hi Fengtao,
      What I do is create a main movie rip. As you well know, based on how the movie is authored, this will result in either one or many m2ts files. Avatar only generated one m2ts file, which saved me time since I didn't have to join them together.
      I store my movies on a Linksys media server in their native format (vob for DVD and m2ts for BD), and then stream them to PS3's in my home. Given the audio limitation of the PS3, I have to demux the audio stream from the m2ts file and eac3to the HD or DTS stream down to AC3, and then remux back with the video stream. Works great, just takes a few steps and a little extra time - and can't wait until you guys get Fab to do this!
      So, back to your comment, are you saying the "forced subtitles" is what I want? I'll look to see if where the option is if there is one.

AMD Phenom II X4 3.2Ghz | Radeon HD 4670 | Win7 Pro x64 | 8 GB | Synology DS211j 5TB | Wired GbE | 2x WDTV Live + |

Comment

I don't see an option for "forced subtitle" w/in Fab. Also, not sure if the PS3 supports this or not, but would be surprised if it didn't support something that other players do.
        Appreciate any help with this.
        Thank you.

Comment

No subtitles showing

Hey,

I did the main movie and select the audios and subtitles, the end result was 1 m2ts file which plays the movie but has no subtitle option even when played through vlc player. Any suggestions?

Comment

Hi I am curious as to how you stream your sub on the ps3. As far as I know and read the ps3 does not support .sub files or pgs files through streaming. If you have got it to work props to you. I have tried all of the streaming services to no avail. I only suggest to you that you run your ripped version of the movie back through dvdfab to make sure that your rip had the sub checked the first time through.

Cheers!

Comment

to optimist
              I can tell you the vlc media player is still working out the bugs with subs. I found the dvdfab is a free way(well not free but included) to watch the movie with the subs and the easiest. The preview box is my best friend sometimes. I have both powerdvd and total media theater 3 and I still prefer the preview player in Fab as far as bluray rips. I also have software issues somewhere with my sound card i can get subs with no sound or vice versa with the paid programs. Dvdfab preview box gives me both. I hope this helps.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
              X